Geri Halliwell - General Discussion | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Geri Halliwell - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by alee, Jun 29, 2015.

1. 2000 is a favourite year for this pop chart addict, and Geri was up there with the established royalty. "American Pie", "Bag It Up", "Spinning Around", "Rock DJ" and "Music", all #1's.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(God, I miss CD singles.)

The "Bag It Up" b-sides were great, too.

2. I’ve said this before, but to me it looked like Geri was absolutely knackered by the time Bag It Up came out, she was still giving it her absolute all but it definitely felt like she was burnt out.

3. Ahh all soooooo good I was obsessed with Madonnas cover of American Pie in 2000, would literally listen to it on repeat daily for weeks.

4. Island

Island Staff Member

I still kinda stan Desire. Does anyone know which songs were left off of Passion before it was retooled.. and which songs were included in it's retoolinlg?

5. Nephilim and Island like this.
  6. Island

Island Staff Member

It's weird how Geri and Martine McCutcheon were going to make "disco" albums around the same time and nothing came from it. Martine doing disco would've been amazing but she could never recover from the bad press.

Holly Something likes this.
  7. Desire is such a well produced song, one of my faves from Passion, and it could have been a Kylie´s song.

8. SBK

SBK

Desire is great.

It was an odd choice for single when you've changed the direction of the rest of the album to go with the single that fits the abandoned direction.

I'm glad she realises she should have gone with love never loved me - I'm not sure it would have saved the album, but it probably would have given her more of a fighting chance.

9. I'm listening to Geri's discography now and it's really sad how her music stardom disappeared... If just Passion came sooner, like in 2003 or 2004

1.Love Never Loved Me
    2.Let Me Love You More
    3.Ride

Would have been a perfect single trilogy

10. Part of me wished she had just gone with the disco album as planned and used all of the unreleased songs, as they sounded much more promising than what we had got! Worst case, she should just chuck them onto an EP and release them for fans, even just as a thank you!

11. I love her reinvention as a posh but quaint, contained English country lady.

Runawaywithme likes this.
  12. Is it too much to hope that #newmusic could involve Geri?

13. But is anyone really asking for #folkmusic Geri?

14. I quite liked the leaked songs from Man on the Mountain. If it was stuff in that style then I'd welcome an official album of it.

P'NutButter and Robert like this.
  15. Island

Island Staff Member

Maybe she's just co-writing for his stuff.

We can hope.

16. Did a proper CD rip of the original version of Geri's 100% Pure Love ever leak? All of the ones I've heard of YouTube sound quite low in quality.

LPT and Tony Lamezma like this.
  17. I don't believe so but it's a leak of hers I've wanted for donkeys years.

That and the studio mix of Scream if You Wanna Have Sweet Dreams.

Robert likes this.
  18. No, I don't think so. I'd love this and 'Set Me Off' in high quality - both of which should have made the album over 'Passion' and 'So I Give Up on Love'.

Robert and Nephilim like this.
  19. The two are great and fun tracks, lets hope someday someone will leak them, maybe some hardcore fan haha

Robert and bonnieetclyde like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.