Geri Halliwell - Ugenia Lavender Theme Song

Jackie Tyler-Wilde said:
Geri said on the Friday Shite Project that Ugenia's best friend is a gay homosexual. Is this true? I can't be bothered to read the website to find out.

Erm if the guy in the upper left-hand side of the home page, dressed in a pink top and white trousers is anything to go by - I'd say yes.

It has a bit of Spice Girls' b-side to it. Like 'One of these Girls' or, even better, 'Spice Invaders'. Random, silly, catchy with nonsense lyrics. I find myself whistling it.

Is this for a new children's TV show she's got coming out, or is it just an internet thing? The whole thing is very naff so I can understand why Geri fans will like it.

Pull Shapes said:
Is this for a new children's TV show she's got coming out, or is it just an internet thing? The whole thing is very naff so I can understand why Geri fans will like it.

They're a series of books for children. From then, via a cartoon, audio books, a movie etc etc, Geri envisages global domination!

S

Steve

RhythmNative said:
Did anyone see/hear her 'singing' on The Friday Night Project.

It reminded me what an awful voice she has.

I know a vocal coach who reckons that about 80% of the population can at least sing 'pleasantly' with the right training.

So if Geri Halliwell can become an international pop star, anyone can.

I mean ANYONE.

It gives you hope doesn't it...

I actually quite like her voice, it's an acquired taste yes, but it's extremely distinctive.

I think I am probably in the 20% of the population who can't sing pleasantly, I have to admit!

ForeverMore said:
did pharrell produce this too?
no , he did the radio edit, and i wouldnt wanna leak some insider info... but its gettin remixed by Jacques le conte ATM ... its one hell of a shocker 0_o

Steve said:
RhythmNative said:
Did anyone see/hear her 'singing' on The Friday Night Project.

It reminded me what an awful voice she has.

I know a vocal coach who reckons that about 80% of the population can at least sing 'pleasantly' with the right training.

So if Geri Halliwell can become an international pop star, anyone can.

I mean ANYONE.

It gives you hope doesn't it...

I actually quite like her voice, it's an acquired taste yes, but it's extremely distinctive.

My friend who really isn't a big pop fan at all always surprises me if we're listening to my iPod, she'll crack on abit of Gezza because she says she really likes her voice.

Schizo era has it's bad moments but it's come on a long way.. Sorry, I feel the need to defend Geri now, I like her again now post-Spice.

I think I am probably in the 20% of the population who can't sing pleasantly, I have to admit!

I've always liked her voice. It's totally fixed in the studio - but, who cares? I also like Victoria's. Both have good CD voices that lend well to pop music. Ironically enough, it is Mel C's voice I like the least. It's too technical for me and hard to warm to (mind you I am seeing her live 8th May here in Toronto). I like hearing them talk as well.

Canuckfuck said:

I've always liked her voice. It's totally fixed in the studio - but, who cares? I also like Victoria's. Both have good CD voices that lend well to pop music. Ironically enough, it is Mel C's voice I like the least. It's too technical for me and hard to warm to (mind you I am seeing her live 8th May here in Toronto). I like hearing them talk as well.

I love Melanie C Sick but her voice does have a "grating" quality to it. I think its an acquired taste. Geri on the other hand has an appalling voice, but it works well on CD and she used to have the personality to detract from her lack of singing ability.

Part of me hopes there's a character called Pamela, and they didn't just put it in to ryhme with Lavender.

A bigger part of me hopes there isn't.

LALALALALALA, not listenening, Icredible.

I love this, like, really love this, it's sad.

I hate the series' name, sounds a bit like gentile and vagina mashed together in some weird way, and then some lavenders thrown on that vagina, it just doesn't work.

The song is still brilliant though.

Geri makes the whole thing feel old. They should have gone for a new voice, not some old hag from the cool brittania years which was like 2 decades ago or something.

pussy power said:
Geri makes the whole thing feel old. They should have gone for a new voice, not some old hag from the cool brittania years which was like 2 decades ago or something.

Well you can hardly blame her for singing it! Given that she was the one that came up with the idea, the character, wrote the books etc etc.

Has anyone else noticed that on the Ugenia Lavender logo, the 'geni' in the 'Ugenia' has been capitalised and been made to look somewhat like 'Geri'?! Love the shameless self-promotion!

rachel-mary said:
Has anyone else noticed that on the Ugenia Lavender logo, the 'geni' in the 'Ugenia' has been capitalised and been made to look somewhat like 'Geri'?! Love the shameless self-promotion!

I noticed that yeah, the 'n' is just that little bit shorter so it looks like an r... oh what a woman Geri is. Has she got a new PR company overseeing this project?? She seems to be in loads of magazines and having good articles written about her recently. It's weird the media liking Geri again, it hasn't happened since Raining Men really.