Gina G

Just seen the video .

WOW !! At last someone who has realised that you need to put some money in to a pop video . Quality !!

pointless pop dj charts, I agree, but the record labels are fucked up, if you don't get a number 1 or top 20 there.... they won't even touch you... a shame...
Eh?

I don't know what "pop dj charts" are, but I can assure you Gina had three Top 10 hits on the real UK singles chart - they were "Fresh", "I Belong To You" and of course "Ooh Ah (Just A Little Bit)". I think "Ti Amo" got to number 11, and "Every Time I Fall" flopped on its arse - quite right, five singles what was the silly girl playing at!

Si.

And here she is listed from the Nightingale website....

JASON DONOVAN plus GINA G Saturday 7 October 2006

Also on the bill is the ever popular GINA G who rocketed to stardom with her Eurovision No 1 smash 'Ooh Ah Just A Little Bit'. She'll be performing her brand new single 'Tonight's The Night' which is out on Oct 2nd and is already topping the DJ pop charts in the UK. You can get your CD signed and meet the pop diva herself too - so don't forget to pick up a copy on release!!!

My goodness so it's getting a proper release? I saw the video on B4 this morning and it was hilarious. I don't know whether that's a good thing.

HansonBitch said:
pointless pop dj charts, I agree, but the record labels are fucked up, if you don't get a number 1 or top 20 there.... they won't even touch you... a shame...
Eh?

I don't know what "pop dj charts" are, but I can assure you Gina had three Top 10 hits on the real UK singles chart - they were "Fresh", "I Belong To You" and of course "Ooh Ah (Just A Little Bit)". I think "Ti Amo" got to number 11, and "Every Time I Fall" flopped on its arse - quite right, five singles what was the silly girl playing at!

Si.

There was also 'Gimme some love' before 'very time i fall' which got to about no.18 so that made six (!) singles

I think they released so many singles from it because of the legal wrangles with Ooh aah...
She needed the money possibly...

Six singles, 5 of which were top 40..... Considering the single isn't out for 6 weeks isn't it a bit early for the video to be showing?

So what were all the legal wrangles surrounding "Just a little bit"?

I was never under the impression that she wrote it. Did she have some part in its creation? Did somone try and screw her for cash as soon as it took off?

Just thought that considering the fact it's been around since March they might try and speed up the promo... oh well. The legal wrangles were something to do with the group it was licensed to going bankrupt before she got any royalties from it but having signed a deal with them meaning she could only release music produced by them. Or some similar bollocks.

well, the video was...original. I think I watched it with my mouth half open, was the ideas team drunk when they thought having Gina G singing with blood on her face would sell the track?

Glad it's finally getting released, it's a great pop tune.

She never got credited for writing Ooh Aah, and still hasnt receieved any money from its success.
And warners wanted her to work with different producers for album #2 but simon tauber / steve rodway (motiv8??) had a contract saying only that any gina material had to be produced by them...
Warner wasnt happy with that arrangement... gina had to get out of it, goes to court... it takes years.... warners drop her...

I think she won the court case, but Tauber/Rodway had no money to give her...

Seanie said:
I think she won the court case, but Tauber/Rodway had no money to give her...
No wonder they so wanted to keep her on the books then!

"I wanna get Fresh/ with you babaaay".
Oh, the Golden Years (!)

OH MY GOD!! Ive seen the new video and...............Miss G looks HOT!!!!
It looks so expensive and American. Its nice to see that she hasnt used the run of the mill (AATW) approach, with lots of green screen and random shoots of her in a studio!!!

Welcome back Gina............

However well this track does its nice to see that someone still believes in pop as this track is pure pop!!!

P.S. Im loving the red mini dress (she looks fab)

I

infinity_within

10 years of wilderness; she's a survivor I say with equal sarcasm and genuine awe.  The video has its concept, but is very 'empty' I would argue - it needs to be flashed out a bit, so I guess the budget wasn't that high.  Yes, the blood certainly could have been done better (or worse), but at least the hair is gigantic, which is far more important.

PJ +4/-0

Out of her mind from sniffin' dry-cleaner

Re: Gina G is back!
« Reply #36 on: Today at 10:51:20 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 years of wilderness; she's a survivor I say with equal sarcasm and genuine awe.  The video has its concept, but is very 'empty' I would argue - it needs to be flashed out a bit, so I guess the budget wasn't that high.  Yes, the blood certainly could have been done better (or worse), but at least the hair is gigantic, which is far more important. 

WHAT ARE YOU BLIND !!  To be frank i havent seen a pop video of the quality for ages and from someone who hasnt had a record out for 10 years. I take my hat off to the team behind Gina G and say well done for coming back with a quality video and a great pop track.

Good on ya Girl .x

I

infinity_within

triplem said:
To be frank i havent seen a pop video of the quality for ages and from someone who hasnt had a record out for 10 years.

They are 6 and half a dozen, really.  The blind comment doesn't even warrant my responce.  I was arguing that the video has its 'idea' but needs more content.  My budget comment related to that issue, not "the quality" which could mean a number of things.  E.g, 1 of my very favourite music videos is Birthday by the Sugacubes, which was hardly an epic.  And since when did taking into account decade-long gaps in one's recording career become a factor in deciding your own evasive use of the word "quality".