Gina G

euroboy said:
has anybody got a link to gina's video online? iv gotta see this!

Me too, all this talk of an expensive video. I always thought that a new Gina G vid would make a Clea promo look posh.

scandipop said:
euroboy said:
has anybody got a link to gina's video online? iv gotta see this!

Me too, all this talk of an expensive video. I always thought that a new Gina G vid would make a Clea promo look posh.

have to admit, i thought the same. if gina manages to get her single in the shops i will be shocked, but pleased. her album that was released on her website only ("get up and dance") is much better than you would expect.

I

infinity_within

I don't have a link, but (suprise, suprise) Flaunt is playing it, as is B4.  Gina holds her own (and her face muscles), with only some shots looking a bit 1p short of a pot noodle.

However, someone has recently uploaded Fresh! onto youtube.  I've never seen this 1 before so, I guess, wow. 

Actually, she looks like Dana International's fellow post-op BFF and she's off to the beach to celebrate..

Have been watching B4 for a couple of hours now. Well I've had it on in the background anyway. No sign of Gina yet but their playlist isn't the largest in the world so I hope it turns up before I go to bed.

Anyway it's nice that she's finally getting the release she's wanted for so long. I hope it really does something for her, especially with good promo and a decent video.

Good luck I say.

I

infinity_within

Rob said:
There's a new update of news on her website here where she just talks about the video:

http://www.ginag.com/latestnews.swf

I'm impressed the way she slates lip-synching! I'm strangely interested in getting the Get Up and Dance album now, is it any good?

If you haven't already, get Fresh! first, but Get Up & Dance is well worth it - Tonight's The Night is not on it though.  Shock To My System, Kinky & Stuck On You are the big hitters - but the glory of "my brother doesn't like you / My sister think's your cool" is all but a memory.  She's without her safety net now (i.e, a seminal production team such as Motiv8 or Metro).

in the gina g booklet for get up and dance there is no mention of lsl with a writing credit! (but then again L Nystrom doesnt get credited for "here we go" on girls aloud "what will the neighbours say" even tho she is credited as co writing her version and i swear there isnt a difference! maybe she added and extra "ooooooh" or something")

I have often thought about how upsetting it was Gina didn't get to release a proper second album, with Steve Rodway (who, as much of a complete cunt as he may have been, was an absolute production and remixing GENIUS) right after "Fresh", and continue to set my feet alight on the underage nightclub dancefloors across Melbourne.

Her "Fresh" album is a ridiculously good party CD and, although it has its moments, "Get Up And Dance" is not the career ignition kick she's probably looking for. "Tonight's The night" is probably the best choice as a single of the album though, so it will be interesting to see if it does well.

I love Tonight's The Night, though admittedly it's been banging around for a bit now.

I hear the video is expensive, so I look forward to devouring it.

Make her go top twenty at least please!

Just saw the video on The Box - they've remixed it a bit from the version I have.

Anyway the video is interesting - basically Gina's a model at a fashion show and she struts her stuff on the catwalk and she looks amazing - but the fashion show has a few disasters!

The song itself sounds a bit better and I think it will go down well on the gay scene, as for a chart hit - I'm not sure, I do love it but it might be a bit too dance/pop to do well, but then Infernal did so you never know.

What with Gina G, September and Helena Paparizou all having surprise UK releases I wonder who's next!

Finally saw the video today and was rather impressed. Good direction and Gina is looking great. The song is pure pop and could do rather well with a fair bit of promotion. The best of luck to Gina!

yeh i just seen the video too! very impressed! loving the whole piss take of it all! even my straight mates laughed at the humour (not just at gina g which could of easily happened)
not predicting a hugh smash but could be a moderate hit which reckon she will be happy with!!!

shes a bad singer she needs singin' lessons first shes not as good as people think. I bought her album for my mate not so long ago since he aint got an account on amazon and he cut the cd in half it was that bad he said her first album.

startin_over said:
I bought her album for my mate not so long ago since he aint got an account on amazon and he cut the cd in half it was that bad he said her first album.
...her first album was what?

Gina G is the Lisa Scott-Lee of the 90's... Adored by the gays and no-one else. Destined for always being the bridesmaid and never the bride but both refuse to give up trying. Sadly, both have had some great songs its a shame that no-one is bothered enough about either of them.

Milky x