Gina G

Many others didn't though!

View attachment 52276

I know being obtuse is fun but really this could have sold so much better.

Maybe they could've done an alternative kid friendly cover, but I'm not sure it would've put many off. I guess we'll never know.

I was pretty young at the time but as I recall, I didn't get the sense that the follow-up singles were that well received by the public or supported by radio, compared to Ooh Aah. Yeah they went top 11, but they were kinda in and out quickly.

And a lot of pop acts just seemed to struggle to sell albums in the 90s. £13.99 was a lot of money for kids to save up back then so only a select few managed to shift units.

She/Her
Many others didn't though!

View attachment 52276

I know being obtuse is fun but really this could have sold so much better.

I mean if you wanna be obtuse, wouldn’t you have been like 20 at the time of the release, so how can you say what 8 year olds were doing or thinking of it? Maybe it was an older generation of fans that should have been snapping up a copy of the album from Our Price on their way out of C&A

I was pretty young at the time but as I recall, I didn't get the sense that the follow-up singles were that well received by the public or supported by radio, compared to Ooh Aah. Yeah they went top 11, but they were kinda in and out quickly.

And a lot of pop acts just seemed to struggle to sell albums in the 90s. £13.99 was a lot of money for kids to save up back then so only a select few managed to shift units.

I felt the next 3 singles did pretty well, it was surprising Ti Amo didn't do better. Looking back that should really have been a big summer hit. She was ahead of the curve with that sound!

I mean if you wanna be obtuse, wouldn’t you have been like 20 at the time of the release, so how can you say what 8 year olds were doing or thinking of it? Maybe it was an older generation of fans that should have been snapping up a copy of the album from Our Price on their way out of C&A
I was 15 and I still remember getting a little dairymilk bar free with it - great tie-in.

Has that awful Roadway guy ever resurfaced and gave any interviews (ie remorse) about Madame G? He surely will have needed consulted over this re-issue, no?