♡ GIRL GROUP #1s ♡ The Rate - ♛ FINISHED ♛ | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

♡ GIRL GROUP #1s ♡ The Rate - ♛ FINISHED ♛

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Sanctuary, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Nn I'm sorry. I say the latter.

2. Agreed, I think just carry on with the eliminations as normal and eliminate Signal in its correct place.

3. Yeah, I vote just do the appropriate elimination next and reveal nothing else for now. Surely 'Signal' can't have skipped that many places anyway with a simple +5 on a score (on a rate of 37 voters).

4. Carry on as normal but just don't eliminate Signal at all please.

5. Yas at this TWICE un-elimination. Legends stay innovating.

6. Yes carry on the eliminations as normal

Sanctuary and vague like this.
  7. Signal shouldn't be out yet?

Good, it's what their best title track deserves.

Sanctuary likes this.
  8. He

He

Not when most of their title tracks are better!

Sanctuary likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

Sanctuary, junglefish and Vixen like this.
  10. Likey
    TT
    Like Ooh-Ah
    Signal
    Heart Shaker
    Knock Knock
    One More Time
    What is Love?
    The other 2 Japanese titles

And that’s my hot take.
    [​IMG]

Sanctuary and HouLuis like this.
  11. Signal > TT > Likey > Knock Knock > Cheer Up > What Is Love? > Like Ohh-Ahh >>> Heart Failure

[​IMG]

Sanctuary and ThighHighs like this.
  12. Awwww, 2 Different Tears is so good though. That key change is iconic.

Also

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Sanctuary and vague like this.
  13. Carry on as normal, please!

Poor 2 Different Tears...you know, I would normally be upset and lash out y'all hussies but, it's a beautiful morning, I just had my cup of tea, I did my breathing exercises, I'm calm, collected & I understand that some ears just weren't meant to appreciate art - and that's OK.

[​IMG]

14. Is there anything @Salami likes? Are you lost, child?

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  15. Oh I didn't even see 2 Different Tears post fffff.

It's cute though.

Sanctuary likes this.
  16. So... @Alouder98, which song from 2017 you gave a "3" then? ddddd

[​IMG]

17. @soratami's 11

[​IMG]

I called for it to go earlier.

BEST FICTION, He, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  18. *frantically picks up pieces of paper that flew everywhere*
    Whew, okay, so our next song out is....

Something's coming over meeeeee

Wait, wrong song dddd.

47. Madonna
    [​IMG]
    Average: 6.905
    Highest Score: 10 (@Conan, @yuuurei, @vague, @TABOO, @Slice of Life), 9.5 (@Squashua), 9 (@Empty Shoebox, @Vixen, @elektricblue)
    Lowest Score: 3 (@codecat, @GeiPanda), 2 (@HouLuis)​

This is kind of the k-pop equivalent of a troll, no? dddd

I actually wonder how many people discovered the track by looking for the k-pop group. It’s a genius marketing move, really. It’s like when obscure artists release songs named after pop stars and you realize something like “Sad Trees - Lady Gaga” isn’t a new bop by Gaga but some obscure indie group releasing a song called Lady Gaga (and then some underpaid intern at Vevo gets let go when it ends up on said big artist’s page by accident).

It’s pretty wild how Secret have kind of been written out of k-pop history for most new k-pop fans due to them falling off and their huge careers just kind of coming to a halt before k-pop began its slow beginning of real international appeal.

They had five Top 3 hits in a row and sold millions upon millions in downloads, but that likely just highlights how dirt cheap digital downloads were in Korea up until 2013 or so (to where the government intervened and increased the prices at which music downloads and passes could be sold at).

TS Entertainment apparently has struggled with financial issues even throughout Secret’s huge success that they’ve continued to experience trouble paying its staff members and even, reportedly, the girls themselves. Let’s form a prayer circle for K-PJ underdog faves Sonamoo.

Still, those of you who remembered the group known as Secret were LIVING:

@vague - 10 - i've always had a soft spot for these girls and it was pretty satisfying watching them go from complete flop nobodies to no. 1 in the span of three singles. kind of sad they just fizzled out in the end, but at least my best girl hyosung is still putting out bops occasionally.

@yuuurei - 10 - Love this feminist anthem! "Just think however you want to think / Do whatever you want with confidence" ... wow, preach ladies. I don't know what Madonna (the pop singer or the religious figure) has to do with anything but who cares, I'm sure they'd both approve.

@Slice of Life - 10 - Oh fuck it, lemme award this a 10 since all of y'all are gonna tank it anyway. THE AUDACITY. I feel like Secret is criminally underrated (and lowkey hated) on KPJ and it makes me sad. They invented the cute concept with Shy Boy. They snatched weaves with Talk That, Poison, I'm In Love and Love is Move. LET THEM LIVE. Okay, whoo.mp3. About Secret, I still love it. One of the first K-Pop girl group singles that I genuinely stanned when my world almost exclusively revolved around 2NE1. Kekeke. And they destroy this live too. Kweens!

@Squashua - 9.5 - You know what, i've never checked into Secret all that much when I know I should have but wow, at this still sounding (and even kinda looking) like it could be a far more recent release. Brash, fierce, absolutely brimming with attitude, energy, hooks and fun sets. It's really like if Mamamoo were interesting and we didn't have to double-check our moral code to admit to liking their music.

@Vixen - 9 - I still have such vivid memories of me discovering this all the way back in 2010. The all gold aesthetic, which I was living for back then, kinda look tacky now ddd. I mean, in retrospect, this is quite the trashy dated bop, isn’t it… But I CAN’T HELP MYSELF. MA-DONNA-DONNA-DONNA! Ugh. The amount of time I spent dancing to that, kii. Let me live, okay?

@Empty Shoebox - 9 - Of course, the lyrics to this are the very definition of basic. Especially when it comes to the chorus. However, what this song is, is a bop. At the end of the day, that's what we're here for, isn't it?

@ThighHighs - 8.5 - A BOP! Subtlety is really not the name of the game here, but it’s a jam. The .5 deducted for the DISGUSTING outfits in the dance scenes. Also, this is one of my worst misheard kpop lyrics, because in the beginning I sincerely thought they were saying “tr*nny hot star” and was sincerely gagged.

@Kuhleezi - 8 - Not this lowkey ageing the best out of the 2010 bunch dd.

@HappyBirthday - 7 - This was a pain to look up. Fun though- I’m always down for horns in a pop song.

@He - 7 - I can see why this is a classic. That little dance is everything. The way they say Madonna gives me a bit of BoA.

@BEST FICTION - 6.5 - This song is a messy ass BOP. I won't even lie that I got my life to this when it came out.

Most of the comments wee largely positive, even the low scorers:

@Salami - 5 - So I know Madonna had a song called Secret and I initially forgot the rate and thought her song went to number one but then I realised that obviously couldn’t be the case so I tracked this one down. I don’t even know who the group is but the song is pretty catchy. The chorus is at least, the rest is pretty pointless..

@GeiPanda - 3 - This song is just hilarious to me, I'm not even sure why.

@HouLuis - 2 - Listened to it once, feels flat, the brass section is meh.

19. It’s such a shame Secret disbanded after Madonna - they showed so much potential with that release xo

Sanctuary likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.