GIRL POWER! ✌️ The Spice Girls Discography Rate (RESULTS: WINNER! +) | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

GIRL POWER! ✌️ The Spice Girls Discography Rate (RESULTS: WINNER! +)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Apr 23, 2018.

?

Your favourite Spice Girl?

1. Baby

47 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Ginger

50 vote(s)
    29.8%
  3. Posh

37 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. Scary

15 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Sporty

19 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Because they are both ballads on Forever? And because this is a rate? Aren't we comparing all the songs with each other?

Ray likes this.
  2. Time Goes By is bland and wishy washy with generic lyrics at least Oxygen all faults aside has a decent melody.

It saddens me how Goodbye had become such a second thought 20 yrs on. It's spotify and youtube views are so unimpressive when you consider how massive it was and how it was their last US hit. I believe being on the tail end of Forever does it no favours when it deserved to be on a hit 1998 Biffco/Absolute produced album.

POPGASM and Deleted member 29256 like this.
  3. 2 Become 1 and Viva Forever are both better than Goodbye though.

4. Time Goes By (Melatonin) is ZZZZZZZZ, what was I talking about? I dozed off.

5. In terms of Forever ballads, I believe it will be:
    Goodbye > Let Love Lead The Way >>> Time Goes By > Oxygen

Time Goes Bye is bland but Oxygen sounds like a One True Voice b-side. For that it must die first.

Ray likes this.
  6. @Iggypig your commentary for 'Say You'll Be There' made me literally spit out my coffee earlier.

londonrain, Ray, phily693 and 2 others like this.
  7. This is the tea right here, this is exactly the right order.

8. Island

Island Staff Member

Ddd I ironically like Time Goes By so I gave it a high score.

I really like Lady and the Vamp even if it is a hot mess of a song. I only don't really use Do It and Denying off Spiceworld.

londonrain and soratami like this.
  9. Feel free not to use it, if you think it's.....Too Much.

londonrain, andru, JMRGBY and 2 others like this.
  10. Oh I'm definitely using it. Ha!

[​IMG]

11. Forever is a slog of an album and I want the majority of it gone before anything off the first two albums.

12. Amazing, this is my afternoon sorted.

DJHazey, andru and P'NutButter like this.
  13. I've done 90% of this. Just need to finish it and send.

Can you please bombard me with notifications to make sure I actually get it done.

Thanks

14. The Lady Is A Vamp is absolutely iconic and anyone who gave it a low score needs to get taste.

15. The Lady Is A Vamp always felt a bit out of place as the closing song on Spiceworld I think.

16. I drank a pepsi, saved the ringpull, did my scores.

17. I never understood Lady Is A Vamp as the closing song either, because the introductions at the end and the "Ladies and gents can you please take your seats and we hope that you enjoy the show" lyric feels like it should be first. I always felt it should be the opening number on tour rather than mid-way through as well.

18. The Spice Girls had so little filler it will be interesting to see what actually goes out early. Obviously much of Forever will, Lady is a Vamp, Spice Invaders, the Christmas songs... but after that, it's very much up in the air to me.

Also, I lowkey wish Schizophonic was in this rate. It feels in many ways more like a Spice Girls record than Forever was, and would probably be able to lodge some tracks in the upper realm of the rate.

19. Ray

Ray

"Look at me" would snatch my 11 if it were included. For "just" the group rate I actually had to think about it.

20. Walkaway would definitely be hot contender for my 11 but then the 4 singles are all 11s to me aswell even Lift Me Up.

Holly Something, Robert and andru like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.