Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3564 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's my favourite because I saw it live and because of the discography they had by then but I think the Tangled Up one is in general their most popular one.

P'NutButter and kiokiokio like this.
  2. For me the Tangled Up Tour is my favourite, but that’s also one that I attended (twice) so the memories are real.
    Oddly Chemistry is one of my favs too, obviously the budget was still not quite there (that “biologist” intro is comedy gold) but it was still very well structured and you could see they were having so much fun!
    Out Of Control and TEN are fab too, if not a bit too clinical.

jawow_ likes this.
  3. Oh, man. I hated it on my first listen. I couldn't tell you why I didn't gel with it on my first listen. But the second time around, it set in (thank god)!

Mvnl likes this.
  4. I was lucky enough to see every tour and love them all.

Even with “What Will The Neighbours Say?” tour you could tell they loved every minute because it was their first time out.

Tangled Up & Out Of Control really brought the spectacle. Ten was just complete excitement overload after the break.

5. 8 years ago today! I was working in Canada at the time and woke up nice and early to watch the conference live on youtube... just seeing them together made me tear up.

[​IMG]

6. Ugh they looked so good there. The fact that they came back and delivered some of their strongest TV performance to date, vocals/look/attitude all on point. They are such a force when they want to be.

7. It genuinely doesnt seem like 8 years since that time. I was very grateful for that short era, even if behind the scenes it was a toxic environment they never let it show.

Womanizer, LykkeLi, j267 and 2 others like this.
  8. I think the “more difficult than it had to be” remark from Cheryl was more about the actual tour? I might be wrong.

9. I don't think the situation was ever THAT toxic behind the scenes. The first hiatus kind of broke the dynamic within the group and it was hard to recreate that because they all were different women with different paths and objectives. TEN was kind of a failure in this perspective but it was still a pop triumph.

A reunion this time around would be much different anyway, all of their solo career is at a all time low, and for obvious reason there wouldn't be cat fights between them now. They seem to be at peace and if all five ever want to reunite, there would be no drama and it would seem less fabricated.

Womanizer, Vyrisus, Stewart and 2 others like this.
  10. When speaking of the toxic atmosphere, is this in relation to what Nadine said about being told about the split just minutes before the last show?

11. Yeah I always took it that it was during the middle of the tour that relations between the Cheryl, Nicola, Kimberley & Nadine got frosty again.

DoggySwami likes this.
  12. They all seemed to be very friendly with each other October-December 2012.

Krissykins, joeee and madgemad like this.
  13. Perhaps there was a New Year’s Eve bash that didn’t go down so well sjsksn

If You Go likes this.

14. This is so good. It makes me feel
    emotional and nostalgic. Like I’m walking on clouds or something.

I miss them so much. Whenever I think about Girls Aloud and then remember Sarah I get sad. I hope she can survive this and be healthy and happy.

This group is such a huge part of my life and their songs bring me back to moments of years and years ago. I’ll always cherish them.

15. ADM

ADM

It was a Friday and I was waiting for someone to collect me for a lift home. I left them waiting!

16. upu

upu

Love Machine has now finally over 30 million plays on Spotify.
    Still can't believe it's their most streamed single.

17. Not a bad thing really Love Machine is a fab pop song.

V3RYP05H and Stopremix like this.
  18. Heard The Promise in a hair salon in Athens today. Worldwide status confirmed!

Womanizer, marie_05, Jacques and 5 others like this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Gays liking girl bands confirmed!

ElectricPlatypus likes this.
  20. *Continental gays.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.