Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3570 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

I don't usually pay attention to lyrics unless they stick out for being overly cliched or just plain clunky, which the Xenomania writers usually stayed away from.

V3RYP05H likes this.
  2. This is the very definition of me, but Girls Aloud were one of the first acts who forced me to actively pay attention to lyrics. Xenomania wrote such distractingly odd/random/poignant/cutting lines that made such little sense as a whole that I had no choice but to take notice, foolishly trying to figure out why they were put together like ill-fitting puzzle pieces.

3. Yeah, I paid attention to Girls Aloud lyrics in the sense that I loved to hear what madcap phrases Miranda Cooper had managed to come up with in every passing song. But in terms of dissecting the lyrics and deciding the meaning of them - I couldn’t care less.

The best modern example I can give is when I listened to WAP (for the first and only time). For all I knew that song could have been about climate change or deforestation. I paid no attention to the actual words. It wasn’t until I read about it on the internet afterwards that I realised...

Mr_Matt, Womanizer, Island and 3 others like this.
  4. This. I think as an American a lot of our pop music growing up was bland and boring so there was no real need to pay attention as it was pretty surface level. But Girls Aloud lyrics (or rather Xenomania) were oftentimes interesting and bit quirky that I took notice.

man.tis.shrimp and lushLuck like this.
  5. The one good thing about the sound being a total mess for their V set is that we got a Sarah and Kimberley-heavy performance of Biology for once.

6. See also: Shakira and her coffee machine in an office.

MusicLover1994 and lushLuck like this.
  7. And Daddy's Bentley's still fill of
    C0D83A5B-6A21-4553-85AC-4488961E5F89.jpeg

favouritecolour and Womanizer like this.
  8. I just watched The Show video for the first time in years and I think I only just got Nicola's alias of Chelsea Tanner being a play on Elsie Tanner! Jeez I can be slow sometimes. I may have got it before but if I had I'd forgotten.

Mr_Matt and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  9. Sarah sounds amazing here, It really suits her voice.

10. Still waiting for the Tangled Up Tour visuals to be released. The Girl Overboard and Close to Love visuals would’ve been great blueprints for music videos.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Red Coat likes this.
  11. Anyone any idea where I can find all of their artwork in good quality? I can only find certain single covers. Been googling for ages but no luck

12. DylCam, jawow_, j267 and 2 others like this.
  13. Have you checked here?

14. Jacques, Island, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  15. Random but Nicki Minaj just released a 10th anniversary super deluxe version of her Pink Friday album. Maybe a trend may start and when it comes to GA’s 20th anniversary they’ll release super deluxe editions of each album, even if they don’t reform.

16. Loads of acts release anniversary editions.

Jacques, Booers and Shelby '68 like this.
  17. Stopremix likes this.
  18. I'd just love their albums on all it's 12" vinyl beauty.

19. ADM

ADM

Someone needs to get those vinyls that someone on this forum got pressed under the nose of someone important.

j267 likes this.
  20. Been listening to the official instrumentals today and even without vocals they go off. I do hope the find some way of celebrating the 20th with exclusive releases of demos and rarities.

Mr_Matt likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.