Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3572 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. I think Nicola’s verse in Whole Lotta History might be my favourite Girls Aloud moment ever.

2. Mine I reckon would be between Nadine's "without any meaning, we're just skin and bones like beautiful robots dancing alone" or Nicola's "I've seen life flow by, like a river".

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  3. Good choices!!

I like... I’ve got to heat it up.... or ..... 1,2,3,4 everything he does, better than.

Mvnl likes this.
  4. Nicola's solos in Call The Shots and Whole Lotta History are pop perfection.

5. What Will the Neighbours Say? is my favourite album by them for sure, I can listen to it from start to finish.

I think it's amazing how creative all of their songs are though, like what other girl band has songs like Thank Me Daddy, Graffiti My Soul and Girl Overboard?

Thank Me Daddy is single-handedly the reason I was a rebellious child growing up.

Untouchable Ace and CarlysAngel like this.
  6. Tangled Up is the most cohesive, consistent flowing album without any complete garbage tracks. Chemistry would be nearly perfect if "See The Day" didn't shit in the middle of it.

7. Thank Me Daddy is so underrated. It's nearly Top 10 GA tracks for me (top 5 album tracks).

8. I mean I struggle saying their first four albums are each anything less than perfect.

9. The fact that out of all of their eras, it was the Out Of Control one that gained the most attention from the general public has always irked me. The Promise was great, but Sexy! was phenomenal, Tangled Up whilst it was nowhere near a failure, deserved way more success.

Like, Out of Control has some amazing moments, but it's easily on par with Sound of the Underground as being their weakest album.

10. See The Day is better than No Regrets & Racy Lacey. They are the only 2 duds for me.

Womanizer likes this.
  11. Tangled Up is their best album to me, but Out of Control would be second for me. The earlier albums are really just the singles for me, with a few exceptions. But I also didn’t experience them in real time. I became a fan in 2011, so maybe that makes a difference, I don’t know.

12. While Tangled Up by far their best era, and it makes sense for it to be considered their best album, I still go back to Chemistry more.

Chemistry
    Tangled Up
    What Will the Neighbours Say?
    Out of Control
    Sound of the Underground

But as I said, Tangled Up era is that bitch. The album, the singles, the video, the tour, their looks, their celebrity status, the drama. It was all there at peak levels.

13. Sound of The Underground would be a mega pop album if it was remixed a little bit and the production was a bit beefier.

Songs like Girls Allowed, White Lies, Stop and All I Need (All I Don’t) would sound amazing if they were modernised and re recorded!

ALSO while I’m chiming in, I fully rinsed Graffiti My Soul the other and it is just incredible! Definitely top 10 Girls Aloud across all the discography! I still have wild dreams about them making a music video for in the future or performing it on tour again! It’s just a masterpiece! Everyone shines on it in their respective areas!

Crisp X, j267 and Stopremix like this.
  14. ADM

ADM

Graffiti My Soul, Watch Me Go and Waiting (among many others). Top tier.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  15. I’ve been playing some b-sides today and some of them I skipped when they were originally released. I Don’t Really Hate You being one of them.

16. I just really want to know who let them record On A Round and Love Bomb dddd.

17. I unabashedly adore both On A Round and Love Bomb. They are absolutely bonkers in the best way.

cdd216 and Stopremix like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

Thank Me Daddy is actually a pretty great sonic precursor to a lot of their future work. An underrated track for sure!

19. I’m a big fan of both Thank Me Daddy & Big Brother. They compliment the soundscape of the album very well.

20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Graffiti My Soul is their best song but would have literally ended the world if it was a single - the power that that has.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.