Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3574 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Well of course. A previously unheard Nicola moment, I should have specified.

Holly Something likes this.
  2. Happy Birthday Girls Aloud!!

Womanizer, madgemad, upu and 2 others like this.
  3. I wonder if we’ll get any birthday gifts today!

Jackooh likes this.
  4. Love the All On The Board post!

Also, Kimberley’s post reminded me of how clever the “Buy Girls, Bye Boys” campaign slogan was, ha!

Nicola went with the Brits performance for her post, amazing.

5. Makes you feel so old when you vividly remember watching it then consider a child born that day can now legally drink...

Sound of the Underground still slays, what a song to be given especially when you consider all the junk X Factor winners were given in the following years.

6. The fact that by giving the winners such a quality song led them to have a successful career but none of the other winners got the same, mostly a lazy cover version when it was proven to work is shocking.

Womanizer, Rob and _Gru_ like this.
  7. It's nice how much of an outpouring of love for them there is on social media on their anniversaries / milestones. Such a special group.

sfmartin, _Gru_ and Jackooh like this.
  8. I really miss the buzz around their album releases, I remember the day Sexy! No No No... premiered like it was yesterday, I was a member of a Girls Aloud forum called BoardAloud, and everyone was shook.

They were with me from when I got Sound of the Underground for Christmas and played it on my portable CD player in the playground, to when I bought my first MP3 player and was amazed I could have different albums on one device. Then all the way through my teen years they were literally the soundtrack to my life.

The nostalgia they bring me is unreal, I'm praying they pull an All Saints and release a new studio album someday. It doesn't seem like it will happen, but I never saw All Saints reforming after Studio 1 either. One can dream.

9. Rob

Rob

Monrose were the German equivalent and good lord do they have an equally solid discography. Their entire catalogue has literally just been made available on streaming so there's never been a better time to dive in.

Check out the Strictly Physical album if you're looking for some straight up fag bops.

10. I’m listening to the studio albums (again) today.

On Chemistry: Does anyone know the reason for “It’s Magic” and then “No Regrets” being solo songs?

I love Chemistry.

11. It’s only the same as I Say A Prayer For You being a solo too.

12. yeh, they both definitely suit the voices they chose.

I suppose the two solo songs on Chemistry were co-written by the girls who sang them, whereas these ones weren’t.

13. I can't deal with it being 18 years since they were born. I came on board later (during the second album era), but still, this sounds like yesterday... and it makes me realize how much I miss these child/teenage days!

Now I wish they could celebrate it with more than Instagram posts though. A never-heard-before rarity would do for the day, I don't even need a reunion announcement yet. But girls, give us something!
    Do you think it ever crosses their mind? "Girls, should we at least feed them something, like an old demo or something, to show them some gratitude for their eternal support?". Or does the question never ever pop up in their minds?

Krissykins and Jackooh like this.
  14. If it was the 20th then yeah, I’d be disappointed if we just got an Insta post but I don’t think they need to for this one.

15. At this rate, I don’t think they ever consider it.

It could be linked to the fact that there are no social accounts, online store, merch, website, anything for the band.

I’m not sure if that has something to with them “closing down” Girls Aloud when they split.

16. RJF

RJF

What homosexual works for @allontheboard I just want to know.

17. Let's drop the reunion talk for now guys. Sarah clearly has different priorities... The band getting back together is not what we should be wishing for their anniversary.

18. I don’t think anyone is dismissing the idea that we all want the best for Sarah in all this. Let’s not imply that.

ateensfan and sjoe71 like this.
  19. The 20th birthday will be a celebration, it doesn’t have to involve a reunion.

Primrose, Leis and JMRGBY like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.