Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3591 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ADM

ADM

Wasn't this on the radio at one stage? Or uploaded online and then replaced?

2. I’m not sure to be honest! I remember a story that she was cut from the final edit because of issues within the group but I’m not sure how true that is.
    She sounds great on it though!

3. When they uploaded the lyric video they accidentally used the demo version, which they quickly replaced with the final version.

4. "That song 'Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me' - that, I don't like at all! I listened to it and I was like 'Hang on a minute, so I'm only beautiful because you tell me!?' I'm not on board with that. I'm beautiful anyway, not because you told me."

"We should all be like that. We don't need people to validate ourselves. So I just said, I'm not gonna sing on that song."

[​IMG]

4Roses, MilesAngel, Overdose and 23 others like this.
  5. She was happy enough to sing on the demo though? She definitely has that opinion because of the fan reaction.

6. We know Nadine recorded most of the demos before the girls would lay down their vocals. So I always took it as more of a "You can delete me from that one."

4Roses, MilesAngel, Overdose and 15 others like this.
  7. This is only the case with Xenomania I believe, this probably worked differently.

lushLuck, Island and If You Go like this.
  8. SBK

SBK

I feel like we go over this every 6 months or so.

9. Hmm good point. I mean I can imagine they all probably laid down the vocals for it, but I still think if she didn't outright ask to be removed, she probably just didn't put up much of a fight for a solo line or two.

lushLuck and Holly Something like this.
  10. I’m so bored of it, especially because of the barrage of abuse that gets thrown my way. I don’t even bring it up!!!

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

So we don't need to go in circles about this again. People can state their feelings about the song without having to be met with a defense from either side that isn't necessary. Some people like it, some people don't. Stop taking it personally (to everyone involved) and making a personal crusade about a song that I'm sure none of these women wake up and think about eight years after the fact.

12. Island

Island Staff Member

Hers. She said that she didn't want to be on the track and just did the "my baby" bits.

AlmostFamous, lushLuck and ohaimanabu like this.

13. Still can't believe she did these.

14. OH

BOY

I CANT TELL YOU HOW SAD I FEYUHL

15. I gave my custom TEN vinyl a spin today. "On The Metro" just SLAPS.

16. Never seen these! Thanks for posting!!

Confirms that Memory Of You should have been performed as a 5 at some point live! It sounds fab!

17. [​IMG]

4Roses, Krissykins, Sam Jones and 9 others like this.
  18. I wish they had kept it like this with Sarah having the full second verse just brushed it up with a second vocal take, she would've gotten it together live and Nadine and Nicola on the chrous.

19. INCREDIBLE.

Praying all albums get a pressing one day.

ohaimanabu and MC54 like this.
  20. I'll hate myself for paying for the custom print/vinyl pressing when and if it ever does (please be a purple/black swirl queens i BEG), but it was a cool little project for myself!

Stopremix likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.