Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3606 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. If you need a pick me up during lockdown, I suggest you do a hot shower performance to Graffiti My Soul (full blast)

I feel enriched, invigorated and alive.

2. This would have been such a great GA song. I can so easily picture the line distribution amongst the Girls with Kimberley/Cheryl getting the spoken bits, Nicola/Sarah the pre-chorus and Nadine in the chorus.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  3. What song is it, it says Song Unavailable for me

lushLuck and If You Go like this.
  4. It's Mini Viva's One Touch.

5. Finally got my hands on a copy of the Ten boxset.

After thinking that it was expensive at 35 quid, I have managed to get one to complete my collection.

Oh I do hope we get something next year, but at the same time I understand if we don't.

If You Go likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'd still love to get The Collection at a reasonable price, but that's not gonna happen any day soon I guess..

7. Does sound very Girls Aloud!

I love “I Wish” for GA, think it would have really suited their sound as it matured a bit around 2008/9

8. It’s likely that Girls Aloud recorded some of the parts to One Touch or recorded over the track. They were recording at the same time and with the way Xenomania work it wouldn’t be unusual for them to of crossed over.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. There are a few Xenomania songs from the ‘Break’ it would have been great to hear them on - One Touch, I Wish, Move in the Right Direction, You Bring Me Joy.

Untouchable Ace, Rob, Mvnl and 6 others like this.
  10. I’m usually quite content with Out of Control being their last studio album but a full-on electro pop GA record had the potential to really be something in 2009.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  11. There is one on eBay for £60.

Mvnl likes this.
  12. I was very lucky that I won one at a WeLovePop club night. I’m glad I didn’t have to buy aha!

Mvnl likes this.
  13. Who produced this?? Sounds like a cross between Girl Overboard and Close to Love

14. Unsurprisingly, Xenomania. Mini Viva was one of the artists they developed after Girls Aloud went on hiatus in 2009.

Leis, sesita, Evan749 and 1 other person like this.
  15. I will never forgive the label for cancelling the physical.

The song is amazing but I wouldn’t want a Girls Aloud version at all.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Man, 8 years I was front row with @The Holy Spearit at the TEN show in Glasgow. What memories!

17. Some nice Girls Aloud tidbits in Nadine’s Instagram live with Sink the Pink tonight.

Tangled Up tour intro, not being keen on The Loving Kind, fighting for The Promise to be lead single instead of it. Popstars the Rivals, other girls vocals on Sound of the Underground. Nadine making sure her big ad lib was included, ha. She loves Something New, especially live, Grafitti My Soul.

Obviously said the focus is fully Sarah just now instead of the reunion plans because they’re all so worried about her.

18. Oh no not again.

19. The only reason Nadine doesn't like "The Loving Kind" is because that fantastic "middle eight" was given to Nicola.

20. To be fair, Nicola gets two lines in The Loving Kind!

Untouchable Ace and Mr_Matt like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.