Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3614 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. I’ve always loved this montage but I cannot watch it right now, I couldn’t.

Stopremix likes this.
  2. H from Steps has just shared about Hear Me Out it's so nice to see so much support, hopefully can get a few more celebs on board before Thursday

Robert, Womanizer, Alenko and 25 others like this.
  3. That montage is so powerful. Girls Aloud were the first girl group and artists I was obsessed with, they mean so much to me. I’m heartbroken for Sarah, I really don’t know what to say.

4. I think i'm just gonna send her a DM and let her know how important she is and will remain to be to me forever. It's a sad card we've been dealt but I just want her to feel as much happiness as she possibly can for as long she's here with us and her family.

I couldn't sleep i , was crying so much after I read the article.

Womanizer, Alenko, berserkboi and 7 others like this.
  5. My book has been despatched this morning.

6. SBK

SBK

Same, hopefully it arrives before Thursday!

Jackooh and Tony Lamezma like this.
  7. This has relit a whole ass desire in me to revisit their whole discography on shuffle as it's been a while, and god does it ever age? It's still as amazing & timeless as I remember. Call The Shots is still one of the best songs ever made.

I've been paying particular attention to Sarah's lines, which I just can't help but naturally do in the wake of all this, if that makes sense? Idk.

What I do know is I choked up listening to her amazing "I REMEMMMMMMMBER" part in fucking Miss You Bow Wow of all songs haha.

):

Womanizer, Txetxu, ohaimanabu and 9 others like this.
  8. I work in the UK's largest single site cancer hospital. I don't know whether Sarah is a patient here, she may be as I think she lives in this area, but I do know that many breast patients are as young and even younger than her. Lots of them are undergoing gruelling chemotherapy whilst juggling work and young kids. I'm somewhat hardened to these stories as I have to be to do my job, but losing the younger patients is always more difficult. If anyone takes anything away from this, I would say think of charities like MacMillan and Marie Curie if you ever have cash to donate, they support people like Sarah who are battling through the most difficult time of their lives. Some may not make it out the other side but they are almost all so grateful for the work we do. They inspire me all the time.

Inky, DirtyMonkey, Robert and 44 others like this.
  9. Has anyone in America been able to order Sarah's book online? Amazon UK will ship here but shipping costs more than the book itself. I'm definitely getting the Kindle version on the 18th but would like the hardback too.

10. Thought some people may be interested in this:

11. I ordered from https://www.bookdepository.com/

12. Thank you for sending this link for us in the US! I had no idea this site existed so thank you!

RandomBrit7 and chrisjche like this.
  13. I’m struggling to find somewhere that will deliver the book on the day. I tried Amazon and it even gave me a Prime free trial with ‘premium’ delivery, yet it said expected delivery between March 27th - April 13th?! I don’t live in Timbuktu, I’m in Liverpool.

Does anyone know where I can preorder with guarantee release date arrival, or is it a case of me being able to go to Asda on Thursday morning and it being there on the shelf? Thanks.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this! I had no clue this site existed.

I've avoided reading Sarah's Times interview because I honestly don't think I have the mental capacity for that level of depression right now. The very thought of losing one of the most endearing pop stars of my lifetime, someone partially responsible for some of the greatest pop music of the 21st century as well as one of the greatest concerts I've even been lucky enough to attend, sends me into a downward spiral. I think I have to live in some form of denial right now, likely until I receive the book and give it a read. It's also hitting hard because my father was diagnosed with cancer over the holidays, and while he is doing just fine, I can't help but mentally conflate the two, and so receiving terrible news about one immediately leads me to think the worst about the other, and that's not a healthy space for me.

I continue to wish her nothing but the best, and keep her in my thoughts and prayers, hoping this all takes a turn for the better.

15. MusicalMelody, RUNAWAY, Rob and 51 others like this.
  16. chrisjche likes this.
  17. It makes me so happy that the girls, and in particular, Cheryl, have made up with Sarah. It’s bittersweet but sweet nonetheless that she’s doing everything she can to be there for her.

Womanizer, Mr_Matt, Elysium and 8 others like this.
  18. I am so so so glad they got to see each other again and god do I wish I could’ve been a fly on the wall whilst they watched Off The Record!

19. I'm not sure how to handle all of this mentally - I feel like I've started mourning already and almost have a sense of comfort that we at least have advanced warning. But at the same time, I feel guilty that I am already preparing when she is still very much alive now...

Anyway, I'm excited to read her story and am also very happy that the girls have reunited as friends - it's always saddened me that their break-up was so horrible after the Ten Tour and while the circumstances are horrific, it is a glimmer of silver lining during all of this.

Womanizer, Elysium, Alenko and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.