Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3653 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Yep, I went to the second night!

2. Sarah sings Cheryl’s bit in one of the demos also doesn’t she.

3. Awww. I could listen to Kimberley talking about the group for hours. I do like her stressing how involved they were with song choices and artwork and all that. Just goes to show you yet again, that artist involvement can often mean many things other than writing credits.

4. I agree, I remember watching it back recently and couldn't help but notice she just seemed to slide all over the place with her pitch. Still fierce as ever though, the charisma she has on stage definitely makes up for what dips she might have.

I found Nicola to sound the best on the TEN Tour.

YES! The flawlessness that is. This performance is my favorite from that tour, specifically Nicola belting out the "you've got to keep up" part. So here for it.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  5. Was watching this the other day and she really nails it here, with an added "oh-oh oh" no less.

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  6. It pains me that ''The Loving Kind'' was left out of the TEN tour but, my God, it sounded so flat on OOC Tour.

Also, seeing as this tour was a celebration of their career, I will never understand why they didn't do a hits medley to make space for more songs.

7. I actually would’ve been more into an Album Cuts medley.

8. TMI

TMI

The Fling-Graffiti My Soul-Girl Overboard medley would have been great instead of Call Me Maybe.

9. I don’t know about a chimney but she said on the Pop Tarts podcast that obviously her voice sounded different back in the day “before the puff of a cigarette” ha.

I personally thought they sounded great during Ten. Sarah has some auto-tune effects on the dvd for some notes though and I guess Nicola was a bit much at times.

AllRed likes this.
  10. Nadine was on “I Can See Your Voice” last Saturday and her voice sounded as gorgeous as ever anyway.

11. Ugh yes. Would have totally fit the theme of that section too.

12. And 3 minutes of silence instead of 'that other song'

V3RYP05H, upu and TMI like this.
  13. Take out the obvious and Ten really is that Greatest Hits album isn’t it?

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  14. I only wish it featured all their singles. But it might have needed 2 discs.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  15. The Promise? Yeah, agreed.

16. It’s a very good greatest hits collection but it could have been better. Chemistry is massively underrepresented.

17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Imagine having this take.

Womanizer and Larsen like this.
  18. I just had a look at the track listing and it’s missing quite a few singles I thought would have been there. Wake Me Up was never a fave of mine but I’m surprised that’s not there. And although Walk This Way is kind of questionable in its quality (I don’t mind it) that could have been included as it was a number 1 single released after the previous greatest hits - but it’s not a glaring omission really. I think Long Hot Summer and Whole Lotta History deserved places on there.

Jacques, Leis, V3RYP05H and 2 others like this.
  19. If the sequencing was different yeah. I don’t understand why they went with reverse chronological order for the albums but not the songs released

actorandlyricist and TMI like this.
  20. The TEN album felt a little missed opportunity. I guess it was so hard to pitch because The Sound of Girls Aloud has sold so well. I'm sure it's sales are well over 1 million copies and with those kind of sales it's hard to sell a 2nd Greatest Hits (especially when the first one came out 6 years before) that has the majority of the 1st Greatest Hits on it. (See also Steps Gold verses the Ultimate Collection and Britney's Greatest Hits: My Prerogative vs The Singles Collection). Being treated to 4 new songs gave that extra incentive to buy as well as the 2nd cd but Something New didn't connect with the general public the way they probably hoped (I loved it and it's one of their best for me). It didn't do what it's older sister song (Something Kinda Oooh) did and sell Ten.

I would have preferred the 2cd strategy but spanning all the singles as well as the new songs and the fans favourites and created more of a celebration of their catalogue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.