Girls Aloud - General Discussion | Page 3655 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Are you taking literally any mention of people (rightfully) not liking Beautiful Cause You Love Me as trolling you?? It’s really not that deep but you do you.

BTG, Rob, Womanizer and 19 others like this.
  2. You don't own the song. People are allowed to talk about how much they hate it, it doesn't mean anyone is targeting you. You still brought the song up out of nowhere in an attempt to wind people up.

Womanizer, Damon, Shockbox and 6 others like this.
  3. Let’s just not, guys, not again.

Sacred Trust is great, right? Ahem...

4. And it’s not like the girls LED their comeback with a god awful ballad like the Spice Girls did back in the days.
    If anything, the "backlash" against Beautiful will probably lead to them coming back with a proper bop next time they come back (fingers crossed it happens).

5. I feel so left out missing the 'Ugly 'Cause You Hate Me' slagging.

Womanizer, 4Roses, V3RYP05H and 3 others like this.
  6. It's such a nothing song that it amazes me it provokes such strong feelings either way

londonrain, ohaimanabu and If You Go like this.
  7. Nadine truly does nail it nn.

Elysium, upu, echoamelie and 6 others like this.
  8. Yeah whatever happened behind the scenes we should just be thankful the era didnt turn out like the Return, coupled with the lack of a tour DVD.

lushLuck, ohaimanabu and If You Go like this.
  9. “Fling” and “No Good Advice” are good mentions for sure! Not sure “Something New” or “Jump” are “zany” enough.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  10. SBK

SBK

Its adding 20k sales a year on streaming so won't be long...

Jacques, Krissykins and Booers like this.
  11. Just in time for their 20th anniversary, loves it.

actorandlyricist and If You Go like this.
  12. Forgot about this. Seeing them so excited for a tour warmed my heart.

13. I actually find it’s structure perfect and the twists and turns the song takes not only flow together well, but also builds the song up. A whole song just like the intro would’ve been just... ok. I don’t really go to Girls Aloud for spacious, electro pop.

15. If @JMRGBY classes any comments about Beautiful Cause You Love Me as attacks on him, then I’d like to associate any comments about Can’t Speak French with me.

It’s one of their best and I will die on this hill.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is this from Off The Record and if not: where is it from?

Also 'I don't wanna sing, I just wanna dance' sounded straight out of Something New!

17. Yeah it’s from Off The Record I think! I love that Instagram account, keep discovering some gems from the girls I’d forgotten about.

Mvnl and Lost In Japan. like this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I should really rewatch that series.
    Also made me check out the actual performance from that tour and in my head it was pretty lowkey but it has the dna of their forthcoming eras and tours all over it!

lushLuck and Lost In Japan. like this.
  19. Yeah, the Chemistry tour was a serve in retrospect. And to think they were only three years into their careers and one flop away from being dropped. Talent!

Untouchable Ace, torontodj and Mvnl like this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

In general that era (okay singles wise mainly Biology) was where they really became something special.

Elysium, torontodj and Lost In Japan. like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.