Girls Aloud - Out of Control

U

usernametaken

Anyone else think Bad Times off Annie's album would have sounded great on Out of Control... imagine Nicola singing it by herself! Instead of Fix Me Up or some shit like that.

usernametaken said:
Anyone else think Bad Times off Annie's album would have sounded great on Out of Control... imagine Nicola singing it by herself! Instead of Fix Me Up or some shit like that.

I love Fix Me Up.

But half if not more of Annie's album would have sounded better from the girls.

Popples said:
usernametaken said:

I love Fix Me Up.

But half if not more of Annie's album would have sounded better from the girls.

Similarly who else would love an Annie version of Love is Pain or The Loving Kind? *dies*

It's odd. I thought the Annie album was very GA when I first heard it, but after hearing Out of Control, not so much. The only things I'd really want would be Annie chat-singing Love is the Key and Nicola performing Loco. Otherwise I've stopped thinking GA would have done any of the songs off Don't Stop any better than Annie did.

Popples said:
Jump was what got me into Girls Aloud =(

Me too. It's the first time I heard of them (I'm Canadian). I was visiting my friend in London and watching TV and it came on and I loved it. I prefer it to the original version (yes, I do). It was preceded by a quick interview with the girls and I heard Nadine speak. Oh, my God. I yelled for my friend to come to the living-room to tell me what the HELL kind of accent that was. Laughter.

Fix Me Up is very nearly becoming my favorite track.

Can someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with me? It must be Kimba purring 'For now'...

Fix Me Up is growing on me in insane amounts. I am starting to absolutely love it.

And just out of curiosity, does anyone else think that the new snippet of Lugi Masi's single "Strangers Again" posted on his MySpace sounds coincidentially(?) like "The Loving Kind"?

http://www.myspace.com/luigimasi

U

usernametaken

Haven't you already hinted that it is the second single?

I do like the song but I wouldn't really want it to be a single...

Zzz.

RhythmNative said:
How would people react if 'Rolling Back The Rivers In Time' was chosen as the second single?

Not sure. I really think The Loving Kind should be the second single. Now, for third single, I think it's between Rolling Back The Rivers In Time and Miss You Bow Wow.

eta: #3 on Irish Itunes.

If they released Rolling Back... as a single i'm scared they would cut off Nadine's intro in the radio edit which would ruin the song

J

JGreens

It would be a crime against pop. I hate radio edits. Can't people listen to a song for more than three and a half minutes?

Oh, I've got a question about Out Of Control for you all. If you give each girl an album that is truly their own, and they sing on a lot and it pretty much sums them up (ignore the fact that Nadine gets the most vocals). For example, mine would go something like:

Sound Of The Underground - Sarah
What Will The Neighbours Say? - Cheryl
Chemistry - Nicola
Tangled Up - Nadine

Who would get Out Of Control?

RhythmNative said:
How would people react if 'Rolling Back The Rivers In Time' was chosen as the second single?

I'm against that ! Can't Speak French, The Promise AND THEN RBTRIT ? I guess it would chart well, but I really want them to go back to the up-tempo numbers (ie Miss You Bow Wow) at least for one single, and it needs to be this one ! And then The Loving Kind, RBTRIT, LITK or whatever you want, but MYBW before please.

Numerology said:
Oh, I've got a question about Out Of Control for you all. If you give each girl an album that is truly their own, and they sing on a lot and it pretty much sums them up (ignore the fact that Nadine gets the most vocals). For example, mine would go something like:

Sound Of The Underground - Sarah
What Will The Neighbours Say? - Cheryl
Chemistry - Nicola
Tangled Up - Nadine

Who would get Out Of Control?

Sorry Kimba but it would have to be Nicola ! She clearly stole all the light on this album with her parts on Love Is Pain, Rolling Back The River In Time, Untouchable and well, basically, every time she opens her mouth !