Girls Aloud - Out of Control

F

Former member 330

In Denial? said:
I would prefer:

The Promise - The Loving Kind - Untouchable

Untouchable is a very bad single choice. The radio edit would kill it and it's very un-radio friendly... not very commercial. I predict something upbeat.

F

Former member 330

MarieCherie11 said:
anfunny2003 said:
The Promise - The Loving Kind - Love Is The Key

There's your 3 singles right there. Wont be a 4th. No one does a 4th single anymore.

Unless your name is Rhianna.

Well, yes, she seems to think with every album re-issue that she gets all her single options back. Like another 3 lives in a computer game. She'll probably have the cheek to follow this album up with a Greatest Hits, simply due to the amount of singles she's amassed.

I just told my friend to listen to Untouchable (bearing in mind that she thinks Girls Aloud are a bit silly), and I quote her reaction below:

M e G says:
oooo im bummin this song

dont think we will get a fourth from this

only one single released before the album release combined with the fact no fourth single from tangled up

as much as i love untouchable dont think it will work as a radio edit

P

paul lekakis

Numerology said:
I'd have:

The Promise - Untouchable (Radio Edit) - Miss You Bow Wow - The Loving Kind

Yes.

Because fourth singles do still exist!

Not if you'd like to keep the consecutive Top 10 string. And "Untouchable" is a good Albumtrack, but a horrible single. There's nothing for it to stick out on radio and it would go right past the majority of casual listeners who made "Promise" a #1.

D

debord

Numerology said:
debord said:
But if you download it you still don’t know what you’re about to listen to and still have the excitement of a first play.

Well, yes, this is true. But for one thing, buying its legal, and for another, it just means more to me when I buy it, maybe because it's the complete package, something I can hold in my hands, and a nice little booklet with all the credits that I obsessively read. I can understand why people don't wait, I didn't used to until now, but after today I consider it a lot more special.

The 'legal' argument means zilch to me. I spent a shitload on records and gigs and have bought the album despite already having the music. I will certainly illegally download the demo snippets on the special edition without any guilt whatsoever.

Kirkland said:
This album must penetrate the #5 at least or I will be so disconsolate.

I think penetrate is exactly the right word to use here. But it will. I predict #3, and maybe a rise to #2.

It was sold out in two shops I went to.

cleggar said:
Not a chance I'm going through 40 pages but here's my opinion after 2 listens:

Ok.

It is good but there seems a big lack of:

- Nadine
- Big choruses
- Strong melodies
- Attitude

I wholeheartedly agree with every single word you just said.It just feels as if something has changed with the band..they are not as exciting and ground breaking as they once were.

I like the album but am very much underwhelmed by all of it..

Maybe it's a grower. But I hear 1 potential single compared to 5 on Chemistry, and about 12 on Tangled Up.

debord said:
Numerology said:
debord said:
But if you download it you still don’t know what you’re about to listen to and still have the excitement of a first play.

Well, yes, this is true. But for one thing, buying its legal, and for another, it just means more to me when I buy it, maybe because it's the complete package, something I can hold in my hands, and a nice little booklet with all the credits that I obsessively read. I can understand why people don't wait, I didn't used to until now, but after today I consider it a lot more special.

The 'legal' argument means zilch to me. I spent a shitload on records and gigs and have bought the album despite already having the music. I will certainly illegally download the demo snippets on the special edition without any guilt whatsoever.

But you wouldn't steal the special edition from the shop, so why would you illegally download it? If they've taken the time (however little time it may be) to satisfy the fans wants and gather together a load of goodies, I think paying for them is most certainly the decent thing to do.

Either that or just not buying the album and waiting until the special edition. I've downloaded music illegally before i'll admit, but it feels a bit hollow when you're spinning a record on you iPod that you don't own, that some retarded hacker 100 miles away probably masturbated over before ripping.

You get money from jobs for a reason, it's so you can exchange it for things you want. And if you want the special stuff, you should buy it with a tenner you're not likely to spend on anything really worthwhile.

D

debord

Numerology said:
debord said:
Numerology said:
debord said:

But you wouldn't steal the special edition from the shop, so why would you illegally download it? If they've taken the time (however little time it may be) to satisfy the fans wants and gather together a load of goodies, I think paying for them is most certainly the decent thing to do.

Either that or just not buying the album and waiting until the special edition. I've downloaded music illegally before i'll admit, but it feels a bit hollow when you're spinning a record on you iPod that you don't own, that some retarded hacker 100 miles away probably masturbated over before ripping.

You get money from jobs for a reason, it's so you can exchange it for things you want. And if you want the special stuff, you should buy it with a tenner you're not likely to spend on anything really worthwhile.

Because I have already paid for the album, just like I have paid for every other Girls Aloud album and the Girls Aloud gig I've been to and the Girls Aloud dvd I own. They have plenty of my money. If they want to try and get more out of me by cynically releasing a 'special edition' a few weeks after releasing the original then I have no problem at all in illegally downloading the extra material. Just like I did for the extra singles on Rihanna's last album which I had already bought. You're right, I earn money from a job and I value that too much to throw money at cynical, cash-grabbing record labels who don't give a shit about 'fans'. If you think the 'special edition' is about 'satisfying fans' then we have a very different idea of what that means. I think it's about exploiting them.

I messed up with my earlier post but I agree wholeheartedly with everything Cleggar said.

Something seems to be missing for me these days with Girls Aloud. I like Out Of Control but it does not come near to the standard set by previous albums. The excitement factor for me has diminished with this album.

As someone said earlier,I really dont know how these album tracks will generate excitement/buzz at a live concert.The attitude/adrenalin rush of their previous songs seems to have vanished.

debord said:
Numerology said:
debord said:
Numerology said:
debord said:

Because I have already paid for the album, just like I have paid for every other Girls Aloud album and the Girls Aloud gig I've been to and the Girls Aloud dvd I own. They have plenty of my money. If they want to try and get more out of me by cynically releasing a 'special edition' a few weeks after releasing the original then I have no problem at all in illegally downloading the extra material. Just like I did for the extra singles on Rihanna's last album which I had already bought. You're right, I earn money from a job and I value that too much to throw money at cynical, cash-grabbing record labels who don't give a shit about 'fans'. If you think the 'special edition' is about 'satisfying fans' then we have a very different idea of what that means. I think it's about exploiting them.

Of course it's about exploiting fans. Pop music must be getting quite boring for you with such a cynical head on debored. Sometimes it's just nice to believe that they're giving something back to the fans. Of course it's a naive thing to think, but it's all just part of being a fan, part of the excitement and anticipation. I feel sorry for you if it's just been reduced to systematically downloading extras and other things you can't be bothered to buy.

Infact, everything i've just said is completley irrelevant. Illegally downloading makes you a theif. You're taking something that isn't yours. Bottom line.