Girls Aloud - Out of Control

U

usernametaken

I had a similar idea in my mind for Untouchable, all 5 girls running around Hampstead Heath at night chasing pixies with different coloured glittery fairy dust trailing behind them in slow mo.

No it would look nothing like Viva Forever.

usernametaken said:
I had a similar idea in my mind for Untouchable, all 5 girls running around Hampstead Heath at night chasing pixies with different coloured glittery fairy dust trailing behind them in slow mo.

No it would look nothing like Viva Forever.

With a guest appearance from George Michael?!

U

usernametaken

No George Michael likes dogging on Clapham Common not Hampstead Heath. Much better class of people north of the river.

usernametaken said:
We Wanna Party has grown on me a lot, anyone else finding themselves liking it a lot more than they did initially?

Yes I think it is a fine track. Not their best but not their worst, either. My only problem with it is the feeling that it was added on as a filler to get the track number to 12. I would have preferred SHE to be on the album and for WE WANNA PARTY to be the b-side to The Promise.

I cannot believe how amazing this album sounds......its like they've suddenly grown up, this is glam-electro-amazing-pop, I am absolutely THRILLED by this album.

Kirkland said:
peachonice said:
Kirkland said:
The same could be said about...well, Britney. Her comeback last year seems to have heralded another comeback this year. And many would say Britney is a brainless pop puppet whose music is totally throwaway.

peachonice said:
Everyone knows when she 'came back' last year she was in a very unfit state mentally. She was unable to perform, do interviews or make videos very well. It wasn't the Britney people were hoping to have back after 4 years.

But a comeback was still made. That's the point. Britney's people can't just choose what comeback is her 'proper' comeback. She came back. She released an album. She's 'churned out' another one this year just like Girls Aloud and the Sugababes.

Do you now get what I was trying to say to you?

No, I don't. I still feel it is a poor example but since you made you obviously think its valid. Its hardly like she releases albums every year like Girls Aloud, though. Shes spawned 6 albums in 10 years whereas GA have had 5 in just 6 years. She doesn't often release an album year after year, Circus is an exception because she got her life back on track so yes, it is a comeback.

peachonice said:
As for a 'brainless pop puppet', she perhaps once was but shes grown artistically.

Kirkland said:
Dear God...

Sorry, after someboy pointed it out I realise you weren't expressing that opinion yourself!

Whenever i listen to Untouchable the only idea for a music video that I can think of is a live-action anime inspired video with a through-the-roof budget.

So that will never happen.

stuckinarut said:
Dial-999 said:
it would be like the CSF video...
BUT IN DA WOODS.
and flowing rivers...
i can go on with this idea OMG

I can actually see it, and if it doesn't happen now I'll be v.v. sad.

I forgot to add the PARASOLS to me idea. The music video for this song would be the best Girls Aloud music video never made :/

So as I see it, my ideal singles would be:

The Loving Kind/Untouchable
Rolling Back the Rivers In Time/Untouchable

If they dare to release Untouchable, untouched in its nearly 7 minutes of glory, I would cry such happy tears flowers would grow where ever they land.

Am I the only person who finds a lot of this album to sound like it belongs on WWTNS? Which would be great if this was 2004. I guess while some people think this is a step forward, I find it a step back. Some tracks sound so dated in the Girls Aloud timeline.

P

paul lekakis

Disco Ponies said:
Am I the only person who finds a lot of this album to sound like it belongs on WWTNS? Which would be great if this was 2004. I guess while some people think this is a step forward, I find it a step back. Some tracks sound so dated in the Girls Aloud timeline.

I agree. I'm baffled that many think this is completely new territory for them.

This whole album just seems so laid-back, mellow (for GA), classy and restrained to me. I don't see the WWTNS comparisons really. And I love how the line "beautiful dancing robots" seemed so tacky/amazing when I first read it, and yet is actually quite touching in the context of the song. And I disagree with PJ in that I really love Rolling Back the Rivers and Revolution in the Head. OOC screams "grower" to me (overused word alert! I know, but whatever).

Dial-999 said:
Whenever i listen to RBtRIT i always imagine the video looking something like this:
[*img]http://runningthroughrain.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/fragonard-the-swing.jpg[/img]
and on the tour they can perform the song ON SWINGS.

Funny.

I imagine a video shot in a cafeteria like the one from Happy Days.

Nadine stands in front of the jukebox. She inserts a coin, the music begins and she starts singing while strolling around the restaurant...

It would be cheap, tacky and coherent with the style of the previous single. Perfect for Girls Aloud, no?

I have to say I am really loving this album!
The only tracks I'm a bit unsure of are Live In The Country and We Wanna Party!
I do like them but the others are just so spectacular I never really get to them!

Fix Me Up is oddly one of my favourites! I think its sleazetastic in a groovy 70 soul-track kind of way!

If there was ever to be a video for Fix Me Up I think the girls should be high-end street walkers in the 70's with big hair and a sexy bounce in their steps. Oh and lots of animal print!

Dial-999 said:
DiscoWenchy83 said:
It makes me sad to read so many lacklustre responses, or negative ones, or meh ones - because I love the album...so when people say they feel TU is their best work, I feel that's where I differ. But reading so many pages of, "More Nadine! Where's the quirkiness? I don't feel excited!" is almost making me feel like a bad fan for loving this album. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

That's exactly how I feel :(

Overall, I think I prefer OOC to TU for a few reasons but we'll see if that changes in a few months.

I love OOC too, and will hold my hands up and say i do prefer it to Tangled Up.

Dial-999 said:
Whenever i listen to RBtRIT i always imagine the video looking something like this:
fragonard-the-swing.jpg

and on the tour they can perform the song ON SWINGS.

Oh, and this is exactly the kind of imagery i associate with Rolling Back... too. It just has that kind of magical, dreamy feel