Girls Aloud - Out of Control

Oh, and does after the first chorus of Miss You Bow Wow does anyone else want to burst into "I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor"?

D

debord

THE ULTIMATE TEST. Putting it on in my room while getting ready. Tangled Up only left the pile of cds in my room a couple of months ago. Out Of Control....to be honest i was a bit bored and skipped loads. Hmmm.

debord said:
THE ULTIMATE TEST. Putting it on in my room while getting ready. Tangled Up only left the pile of cds in my room a couple of months ago. Out Of Control....to be honest i was a bit bored and skipped loads. Hmmm.

Thats exactly how I feel.This album is just a bit meh!! And its breaking my heart..it really is.A spark seems to have died in the band and decisions have been made to dilute their sound in order to appeal to a wider audience and achieve greater sales.

The album will probably be top 3 in todays midweeks but I dont care.I think it may possibly be their most lifeless album yet.Im trying so hard to like it but with the exception of a few tracks,a lot of it is not even of the same standard of past b sides.It all definitely feels like a rushed project,even tacking on We Wanna Party(which I like) which was recorded ages ago.

Roll on the next album please!And please bring back the spunky chorus filled tracks that made me fall in love with Girls Aloud in the first place.I know people are saying they are maturing but most of them are still only 23-26...There is plenty of time left for maturity..If this is what maturity sounds like,Im not a fan.

V

vasilios

Is it me or the crazy super-fans hate it while us more laid-back ones adore it?

My OOC listening experience, after half-a-dozen plays:

Skip straight to track 4.
Enjoy 'Love Is The Key', 'Turn To Stone', 'Untouchable'.
Realise 'Fix Me Up' is next, break land-speed record to skip to track 8.
Enjoy 'Love Is Pain', 'Miss You Bow Wow'
Skip the "not good enough to be a B-side" of 'Revolution In The Head'
Enjoy 'Live In The Country'
Eject CD, put 'Tangled Up' on.

Sounds a bit negative, but I'm honestly thrilled that there's six excellent tracks for me to love.

Has anyone noticed the name Johnny Marr "Rolling back the rivers of time"?
He's an 'effin legend! Probably been mentioned before but couldn't see anything..

oh, unmentionably No.1

I still love this album like my newborn sprog, but I'm baffled at the lenght of some tracks. 'Untouchable' I get as it's lyrically epic, but do 'Turn To Stone' and 'Fix Me Up' really need to be 4 and a half minutes long? Self edit Brian...

RhythmNative said:
I still love this album like my newborn sprog, but I'm baffled at the lenght of some tracks. 'Untouchable' I get as it's lyrically epic, but do 'Turn To Stone' and 'Fix Me Up' really need to be 4 and a half minutes long? Self edit Brian...

I'm still loving the album too, although i think the long track lengths actually add to its appeal for me. I mean like on Miss You Bow Wow, the main song finishes and then you have like a minute long instrumental. Whereas on Tangled Up the songs felt like 'songs', on OOC they sound almost like a soundtrack to something - i love all the instrumental ambient intro/instrumental stuff

Examble being the awe-inspiring middle-eight part in Turn To Stone at 2.40.

Feltano said:
RhythmNative said:

I'm still loving the album too, although i think the long track lengths actually add to its appeal for me. I mean like on Miss You Bow Wow, the main song finishes and then you have like a minute long instrumental. Whereas on Tangled Up the songs felt like 'songs', on OOC they sound almost like a soundtrack to something - i love all the instrumental ambient intro/instrumental stuff

This may sound obvious, but the long track length suits the better songs, as you're getting more stuff you actually like. I think a lot of people mention that 'Untouchable' doesn't feel 6 minutes long, and really 'Rolling Back The Rivers' and 'Miss You Bow Wow' are over in a flash when I listen to them, but 'Turn To Stone' drags and drags.

vasilios said:
Is it me or the crazy super-fans hate it while us more laid-back ones adore it?
You may have a point there. Or maybe my mind was set on it going somewhere else and now I don't know what to think. It's not like its all meh. Some songs are improving on me. But quite a few (almost all of the second half) sounds very average. Not bad, just average.

I will keep listening to this album, cos I'm sure it will grow on me.
(Why am I so desperate to like this album)

I am appalled at Nicola's 'thank you' note where she writes "I would of" or something along those lines (don't have my copy to hand so not sure of exact words). That is really bad - surely they can afford a proof reader to give it a quick once over!

Still, great album and the songs I wasn't overly keen on to begin with have grown on me.

RhythmNative said:
Feltano said:
RhythmNative said:

This may sound obvious, but the long track length suits the better songs, as you're getting more stuff you actually like. I think a lot of people mention that 'Untouchable' doesn't feel 6 minutes long, and really 'Rolling Back The Rivers' and 'Miss You Bow Wow' are over in a flash when I listen to them, but 'Turn To Stone' drags and drags.

I agree with you, those first three you mentioned do feel a lot shorter than their actual length. My thinking behind Turn To Stone though is that if it is a leftover from Dannii's Girl era, then it was probably written more as a dance song, not so much a pop song, and as such a full set of lyrics were not as important.

D

debord

Booers said:
I am appalled at Nicola's 'thank you' note where she writes "I would of" or something along those lines (don't have my copy to hand so not sure of exact words). That is really bad - surely they can afford a proof reader to give it a quick once over!

Still, great album and the songs I wasn't overly keen on to begin with have grown on me.

Bless her, Nicola has never seemed like the brightest spark.

“MORE LAWS!â€￾

D

DiscoWenchy83

I was disappointed with Kimberley's "wanna", Sarah;s "THANK U THANK U THANK U", the smiley face, and most disappointingly, the use of the word, "enuf". Dear god. Nadine's was the best thankyou in the sleeve! Who'd have thought.