Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3662 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Damn is great.

2. I've never been a lover of Damn. It's OK. It is the weakest link on Tangled Up. Replace it with Dog Without A Bone. Perfect.

j267 likes this.
  3. Damn is definitely in the lower tier of the album for me, but I'm Falling is the track that I just can't abide. Utter noise. And not in their usual brilliant sort of way.

4. Damn should have been in Dog Without A Bone's place instead.

Stopremix and actorandlyricist like this.
  5. I'm sure whoever decided Damn should go on Tangled Up is the same person who decided Sexy! No No No should be track 3 instead of being the opening track.

6. Y'all want to hate on Damn but for any other girlband, it'd be lead single material.

7. Damn is perfect, and is a wonderful inclusion on Tangled Up.

8. Damn is my favourite

9. The way I cackled boy, this is exactly how I was when I first downloaded the slbum.when it came out, its grown on me recently tho

actorandlyricist and Stopremix like this.
  10. I love Damn. It’s actually one of my favorites. I love See The Day too. I’ve never really cared for swinging London Town.

Mr_Matt and Come&GetIt24 like this.
    madgemad likes this.
  12. I love Swinging London Town but Nicola and Kimberlys voices sound buried.

13. Swinging London Town is perfect, and is a wonderful inclusion on Chemistry.

14. 'Swinging London Town' is literally top 10 Girls Aloud. Brilliant.

15. I hated Swinging London Town for so long but I did a whole discography listen relatively recently and it’s such an outlier even for them. What other girlband would be brave enough to include something like that on one of their albums?

MusicalMelody and Jacques like this.
  16. Swinging London Town is genius.
    And very Girls Aloud. I am all for it!

17. I love See The Day - I never knew the original and it didn't seem to get overplayed in the way I'll Stand By You was. It just reminds me of December, when the lights are up and even though you get home in the dark it feels worth it (unlike November). It gets an awful lot of hate for being a ballad cover single and ruining what could've been an amazing run of uptempo original singles from Chemistry, but considered on it's own I think it's brilliant.

Damn and Swinging London Town are both top tier album tracks too.

18. Whilst it's a good song.
    See The Day wasn't really "Girls Aloud". It was clearly a token ballad for Christmas.
    And as the music video shared it's curtains with Biology. It seems like it was a double A side without being one. And they were released quite close to one and other too.
    It was a try cash in for Christmas.
    They should have not released it, left it as a bside somewhere, and waited until the late Jan to release thier next single, Whole Lotta History. Then released Models as a final single after that.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  19. I think that's intentional. "Neck deep in it and starting to drown" etc.

What a song.

20. I could've accepted ''See the Day'' if the vocals were shared like in the live version.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.