Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3692 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. It feels so wrong for one of our girl group icons to leave us. Heaven has one more rock chick in the house tonight.

2. As I've mentioned before, I work in cancer care and although I can't say for sure, I think Sarah was probably treated where I work. Most breast and gynae patients are around her age, and so many are too advanced to recover. It's just so sad. If you have a takeaway from this, please consider charities like Tickled Pink, Macmillan and Marie Curie next time you're able to donate. They are out there doing invaluable work and supporting people like Sarah as they try to continue living life with cancer. RIP.

LightYears, myblood, Lander and 77 others like this.
  3. So awful. 39 is too young.

Hope her final time was peaceful.

LightYears, myblood, Elysium and 7 others like this.
  4. Although we knew it was coming, the announcement doesn’t make it any less shocking and heartbreaking.

I hate cancer. I hate that it never allowed Sarah the chance to throw the party she spoke of, or reach her 40th in November.

Rest in peace Sarah, and I send all my love to everyone on here who will agree that we’ve truly lost an icon.

5. I am still so glad they chose to make this public because, if Off The Record provided them with as much joy and laughter as it's provided us over the years, they must have had an absolute ball, and if it was indeed the last time they were all able to be together, then I'm sure it is a beautiful and joyous memory they can treasure.

6. This might be too soon but maybe we could set up a group fund for her Birthday and donate to one of the charities @InkedDoll mentioned in her name/honour.

myblood, Sam Jones, Elysium and 27 others like this.
  7. Never in a millions did I expect to listen to The Loving Kind with tears just uncontrollably falling from my eyes. Sending so much love and virtual hugs to her friends and family and also the girls and the fans.

myblood, Elysium, berserkboi and 19 others like this.
  8. SMG

SMG

This is so sad. She brought so much joy to the world.

LightYears, myblood, Elysium and 4 others like this.
  9. This is so sad, RIP beautiful angel, she'll always live through her music.
    Indelible will always be one of my favorite songs

10. My heart is so heavy right now. This is a monumentally sad and tragic day for our community.

Rest in peace, Sarah, you absolute legend - I'll always associate you with that beautiful spirit, beautiful smile and zest for life which brought so much joy to so many of us growing up. You enhanced all of our lives with your mere existence, and that will never be forgotten.

Love and thoughts to all her family and loved ones.

myblood, Elysium, Stopremix and 11 others like this.
  11. This is so heartbreaking. This is all really surreal especially since I was just thinking about her earlier when an urge struck earlier in the day to listen to Girls Aloud and having just spent a few hours listening to Girls Aloud while going about my day.

Elysium, lushLuck, Womanizer and 2 others like this.
  12. LTG

LTG

Absolutely devastated by this, what an icon x

LightYears, Elysium, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  13. I just feel so numb, even though we all knew this day was coming. So utterly cruel.

14. It's just hit me so hard. Like many of you I'm sure, Girls Aloud provided me with so much joy as a baby queer struggling. They all seemed like normal girls you would be mates with who just happend to make some of the best pop music of all time. I'll always smile when I think of Sarah, from "it's about time!" to "walking primrose" and her gorgeous "somewhere on a Monday morning..." and all of Hear Me Out she gave the world so much.

15. So shocked to see the news although I knew it was coming. Nadine recently said that Sarah was not doing well, so I did wonder. As I've written before, cancer is close to home. Sarah's passing scares the hell out of me.

Losing one fifth of this incredible band will take some time to process. She was our rock chick.

16. Devastating news. I really hope she got to have that massive party to say goodbye to her friends and family like she’d wanted.

RIP legend.

17. You always have that little spark of hope that these dreadful things that you’re told are inevitable somehow won’t come to pass. So sad.

Elysium, Blond, lushLuck and 9 others like this.
  18. What songs are you listening to? I seem to have gone straight for the Out Of Control singles. They seem the most fitting.

19. That would be really lovely. Tickled Pink are a part of Breast Cancer Now so obviously they specifically support breast cancer patients. Macmillan and Marie Curie aren't specific to one disease group but they are the ones who send nurses to people's homes to help them with everyday medical needs and also often emotional support. My hospital, the Christie, also accepts donations. There's also Look Good Feel Better who provide support for femme identifying people with things like skin, hair and makeup issues that cancer can cause. That might sound quite trivial but in my experience these things can be hugely important to patients trying to retain some normality during their treatment.

Elysium, phily693, Heretic and 14 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.