Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3730 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. I feel like it would happen sooner than later. I don’t know why but I feel like they have a rage inside their hearts, a rage to pay tribute to Sarah, a rage to cement her legacy and to offer her the big party she never had the chance to do. I am sure they want to do it, and I’m sure they’ll do their best to do it as close as to Sarah’s will.

2. This! It could’ve been a very somber listen but you said “no, we’re hosting Sarah’s party and you’re invited!” Thank you for that! I especially love the bit “even if she didn’t have any lines, she made sure she was heard!”

also, I can see them doing different things for different songs. Like Sound of the Underground, I see them all singing her lines. The Promise, let the crowd sing. However, no one can do the ad-libs that she nailed time and time again.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  3. I cried watching that video. Happy tears that she’s in a much better place now but Jesus she’s so missed.

Speaking of her live adlibs, the way she nailed the “cause baaaaaaaby” bit leading into that key change in “The Promise” was triumphant in every sense of the word.

And she did it every single time they performed it too? Woman really said “I wanna be heard and I’ll make sure of that”.

4. They could curate artists for a concert and then appear towards the end. It would be an incredibly powerful tribute if they managed to pull together all the famous girl bands, considering how the Spice Girls, Sugababes, Little Mix, Bananarama, Pussycat Dolls are all active/semi-active at the moment.

5. Good luck with that.

XXX likes this.
  6. I sing it everytime I’m listening to the studio version.

lushLuck, ohaimanabu, AndrewX and 2 others like this.
  7. Ah! Thanks so much to you and everyone for the nice comments!

lushLuck likes this.
  8. Just was thinking about how she handled her whole cancer battle with such grace. I know she'd stepped back from the limelight, but I wonder if there was pressure for her to go down the sensationalist tabloid interview/morning show interview route. I think the book was fantastic and just a great way for her to control the narrative...a class act. I read it in an afternoon when it first came out and it felt like I'd spent the day with her. Looking forward to reading it again some day in the future and hopefully having the same effect.

lushLuck, RHOPJ, kiokiokio and 10 others like this.
  9. "Swinging London Town" is underrated and I have it blaring in my ears every time I visit London!

10. I kept playing Fling today, my god, does Sarah make that song! Also, this has made me revisit them and that end megamix on the Out of Control tour is something I could listen to everyday!

Dont know if this is allowed, but does anyone have a link to the Out of Control tour? I'd love to be able to listen or watch it anytime I want since YouTube has taken down the whole tour and I can only find patches.

11. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1hkgOSj0A4zdO8BYcuFF00amRsAqciAw

12. upu

upu

What an icon she was!
    That voice.

13. Was there that night. Heart emoji.

14. I wish Nadine realized that smoking is ruining her voice

Evan749, Elysium, Stopremix and 2 others like this.
  15. Imagine releasing an album with songs like Close to Love, Girl Overboard, and Control of the Knife... and not one of them being a single. The GP lost.

16. But it's a win win situation with THAT album!

lushLuck, sfmartin, Sam and 10 others like this.
  17. I love this intro so much

lushLuck, Elysium, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  18. Still peeved they cut a lot of it -

Lapras, LuckyLucky, Sam and 10 others like this.
  19. Who was doing it like them? Iconic.

lushLuck, Sam, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  20. Honestly there were so many single choices, I don’t know how they decided.

lushLuck, Elysium, LightYears and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.