Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3736 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Basically.

2. I remember so vividly the meltdown on here (and GirlsAloudMedia forum) when Memory of you wasn’t released in high quality. Everyone panicked and scrambled to different music sites looking for a link. I mean look at this:

that’s gold

3. If I remember rightly (and I don't but I'm not about to check) there was trauma because it was Lily Allen that blocked Untouchable to get into the top ten with Not Fair. I think it was expected to drop. Apt really. The manic bulk buying of singles, whew!

4. Does anyone remember or have a link to the song that Rolling Back The Rivers In Time sounds exactly like?
    I remember it being posted on here years ago. It's mostly the bass line and beat bits.

Evan749 and Elysium like this.
  5. Keep thinking of Sarah every now and then during my free time. GA were a big part of my life from the moment they won Popstars the Rivals in 2002 up until most of the 00's. Primary school to end of High School. Man....

6. What's next? I don't even know what I expect or want to happen. Or if anything can happen at all. But something in me wants something? I don't know.

kiokiokio and actorandlyricist like this.
  7. I fucking love Girls Aloud.

Conan, hologram, lushLuck and 19 others like this.
  8. Can anyone (I’m in the US) show me where I can watch The Promise at the Brit Awards? It seems to have been removed from YouTube outside territories.

also: is there a GIF of ITS ABOUT TIME?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Elysium and If You Go like this.
    • Girls Aloud Green Logo Badge and Sticker
    • Wake Me Up Alarm Clock
    • What Will the Neighbours Say? Cards
    • Long Hot Summer Beach Bag (inc. Fan, Frisbee and Camera)
    • Chemistry Set
    • Whole Lotta History Exercise Book
    • Greatest Hits Pencil Set
    • Greatest Hits Badge Set
    - I want all these promo items!

9. The Loving Kind was always in my top3 of GA songs but now with Sarah's passing combined with the lyric content and the fact that she fronts most of it has made it into a very different experience. It brings me very close to tears. Sarah's loss just still isnt fathomable.

lushLuck, Espeon, Elysium and 5 others like this.
  10. It’s such a tricky one. A huge part of my love for them (and I’m sure most on here) is their live shows.

Understandably, any interviews collectively and individually are going to be heavily focused on Sarah, so it’s a case of if or when they’re emotionally prepared to do so.

Regarding the 2022 reunion talks they had, I wonder if they had plans to do stuff throughout the year (similar to Steps in 2017), or have the ball rolling in the autumn time like TEN.

11. I really wish Polydor would fix their digital releases and do what they recently done for The Saturdays.

lushLuck, upu, Elysium and 8 others like this.
  12. It would be nice to see it all digitalised, in tribute to Sarah’s legacy.

13. This is exactly how I've been feeling. I've so been enjoying revisiting GA's entire catalogue, but I've found it quite hard to listen to The Loving Kind for the reasons you said.

14. On The Way To Satisfaction really needs to be on streaming. Practically a Sarah solo, and it's a banger!

Filler, lushLuck, upu and 4 others like this.
  15. Not me thinking Nadine was belting "AN ALLIGATOR" in Revolution in the Head until today, when I finally skimmed the lyrics nn

16. Imagine being so interesting as a popstar that you have words like Alabama, Eskimo, navigator, mannequin, procreation, lobster, cyanide, sushi, Snow White, disinclined, sherbet dip, pink champagne, strawberry shortcake, Aladdin’s lamp and underwear in the lyrics of your discography.

17. **insert farm animal noises here**

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  18. I’m having a blast listening to Out Of Control these days, much more than when it was released actually.

Conan, XXX, singabob and 8 others like this.
  19. Your vice like grip on my sherbet dip
    is driving me INSANE it's been 17 years, WTF does it mean?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.