Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3747 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Is it this one (on the left)?

I got it too! It's always been one of my best-fitting shirts tbh.

lushLuck, Elysium and Lost In Japan. like this.
  2. I regret not buying that shirt when I saw the tour so much, it's such a great photo. Always looking to hunt it down on Depop, I managed to find one of the album cover / tour dates ones on there a couple of years ago.

lushLuck and Elysium like this.
  3. I didn't even know that was a merch option! I would have loved that tee. I'll have to see if I can find one - or see if there's one on RedBubble or something.

Mr.Arroz and Elysium like this.
  4. Except for those damn 3 clicks in the dance break nn

dirtypony likes this.
  5. I watched it on repeat at the time, love how they all have real fun with the song. And Sarah lipsyncing Nadine’s part just like us

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She did it a lot!

You can tell how much she loved their music.

JasonJay, LightYears, upu and 4 others like this.
  7. I hate to be negative but, yikes, this really shows how the vocal affectations Nadine and Nicola picked up post-Aloud really didn't mesh with their music. I'm glad they (mostly) suppressed them on the new recordings.

JasonJay and Elysium like this.

8. Where were you when the world changed on the day this dropped x

also just realised they’re in the Biology formation lol.

9. I remember it leaking a few days early. I remember pressing play and not actually being able to believe that it was actually them. It wasn’t until Sarah’s “Take a walk on the wiiiilllddd side of life…” came on that it actually hit me that it was definitely them!

Overdose, Elysium and lushLuck like this.
  10. The release of the albums on vinyl for the 20th anniversary is surely inevitable, right?

Elysium, cdd216, Clyde and 1 other person like this.
  11. I was walking for Vodafone at the time and I refused to go on the shop floor until I’d seen the press conference.

As for Something New, I remember hearing the leak in my living room one night. And my opinion went from ‘oh I don’t know’ to ‘this is a GA classic’ by the end of the first play.

12. I remember the (accurate) Party Rock Anthem comparisons when they teased the intro synths.

Elysium likes this.
  13. It still infuriates me that Olly Murs beat them to #1 during the release of “Something New”.

14. Ooh yeh, I’ll never forget the first glimpse of the video and song. What a buzz.

15. I remember seeing the teaser and then pretty quickly I found the easy leak and I couldn’t bring myself to close the tab with it on, because I knew that it wouldn’t be there if I refreshed! I played it non stop until it came out!
    I do recall me thinking the lyrics firstly were ‘‘Boy tonight, it’s Girls Aloud’’ and thought it was the most ingenious thing ever (I don’t know how I feel if that was to be the lyric)

Overdose, Sam, Elysium and 1 other person like this.
  16. Still mildly miffed at the cut scenes from the behind the scenes and the decision to make the majority of the video in black and white, but still... what a finale this turned out to be.

17. I know what you mean, but I do kinda love the black & white vibe. Plus they all look amazing and the video is so busy that I can rewatch it multiple times and never get bored.

In the solo scenes; Nadine & Cheryl are being cheeky, Nicola & Kimberley are feeling their bad selves, and Sarah just smoulders with this immense intensity (see 1:58-2:01 in particular where she stares into the camera).

I remember low-key fuming watching it the first time from the start until the end of the first chorus being like “and just where the fuck is Sarah ):<“ until her “Take a walk” line started and having her with the projection on top of her skin. Then I was fine with it and bopped along happily haha!

18. Cheryl's "boy you better watch your back" boob shimmy is the greatest thing she has ever done.

19. The moment where Sarah says in her book how she loved to add her own « soaring ad lib » when singing The Promise live and regretting it’s not on the actual recording, the taste !

20. I remember waiting up until 3am for the radio premiere of Something New, only to be a little disappointed as I initially couldn’t tell who was singing what (it wasn’t the best sound quality). Then the video dropped and I was blown away. I. Was. Obsessed. Still am. Just a shame it didn’t quite pop off the same way on tour.

LightYears, lushLuck, Elysium and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.