Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3759 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. I wish we actually had a verse from her. Even if it was the talk-rap style however this was back before it was a popular way to sing.

2. The way she looks like a real housewive trying to make it as a popstar in this is sending me

3. The move where she looks like she’s swimming with her hands slowly opening out into the air still makes me scream to this day.

4. No shit I still use this bop.

AllRed and flapjack- like this.
  5. I can't say we'll be surprised. We can only guess how incredibly hard it must be to even attempt to sing those songs without Sarah. The only way I can see anything being created in terms of 20th anniversary is to honour Sarah's legacy and support the raising of funds for cancer charities which would be a fitting, yet emotional, tribute in the future.

6. The fact The Sun would even bring a question like that to the table so soon after?

idiots.

7. THIRTEEN years ago!

8. And it feels like it was yesterday… That does make us old.

Stewart, Elysium, JasonJay and 2 others like this.
  9. Yes, it feels incredibly insensitive and inappropriate to talk about the prospect of a reunion. I’m not even sure it’s something I would even want to happen now.

Even before we lost Sarah, I’ve always felt that the release of the albums on vinyl feels like the logical thing to do for the 20th anniversary. It feels like a fitting way to mark the anniversary without an actual physical reunion.

10. I do think they also mean that they aren't talking about it now. Something will happen, this will change those plans, of course, but I don't think any of us were expecting a tour even before Sarah's passing. If we do get any kind of reunion, I just think a charity performance to honor Sarah's legacy would be great. But it's a hard thing to think about for us so I can't even imagine how the girls are feeling about it right now.

11. It was definitely a tour they were discussing for the 20th before Sarah’s death, but absolutely it’s too soon to be thinking about that.

A charity performance would be most appropriate, maybe like a big charity gig at the O2 headlined by them?

12. I could see things like a charity performance, a documentary, vinyl pressings, etc. being done.

Elysium, LightYears and HolyWater like this.
  13. I could definitely see a charity show next autumn, and a tour in 2023.

14. I don’t think I’ll ever be mentally ready to see Girls Aloud as a four-piece on any stage for the first time.

15. Me neither. It doesn’t seem fair.

16. I agree. It's going to be so emotional.

17. Nine years ago!

[​IMG]

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Just seeing pictures of her is so sad. My heart literally aches.

Robert, Overdose, madgemad and 13 others like this.
  19. Nadine has been sharing pics of her with Sarah posted by the fan accounts on her stories. The friendship is just so pure and I hope it’s the best memories that keep Nadine grounded these days. My thoughts are still with her family and the girls and everyone affected by cancer.

madgemad, JasonJay, Sam and 11 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.