Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3760 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Me neither. It doesn’t seem fair.

2. I agree. It's going to be so emotional.

3. Nine years ago!

[​IMG]

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Just seeing pictures of her is so sad. My heart literally aches.

Robert, Overdose, madgemad and 13 others like this.
  5. Nadine has been sharing pics of her with Sarah posted by the fan accounts on her stories. The friendship is just so pure and I hope it’s the best memories that keep Nadine grounded these days. My thoughts are still with her family and the girls and everyone affected by cancer.

madgemad, JasonJay, Sam and 11 others like this.
  6. This day got me so fucking excited! They were all GLOWING! The styling during TEN was some of their best ever! It played to everyone’s strengths! Especially the Graham Norton appearance/Performance

7. MusicalMelody likes this.
  8. I can't even picture how the dynamic would be. 'CHIM' is so close-knit and Nadine would be a bit of an outsider without Sarah being there to bridge the gap between them. Obviously, I really want them to find a way to celebrate 20 years, but I can't really picture it being anything other than being pretty low key.

upu and actorandlyricist like this.
  9. If they do perform again for the reunion I actually think this will help unify them as a four-piece instead of it being Nicola, Cheryl and Kim and then Nadine by herself. Or at least I would like to think that it would.

10. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

They’ve all made up and they’ve been brought together in tragic circumstances, if they ever perform again it won’t have the dynamic of the TEN tour.

11. I honestly don't see them performing again to be honest and I think a tour is out of the question now. I think had Sarah still been here with us (wow its hard to type that) maybe a tour would have happened, but I believe the girls have always been all or nothing when it comes to the members.

To be frank too, after the 10 tour, it seemed clear that the girls just didn't care that much about the band anymore (apart from Nadine) and although it seems like the relationships between the 5 of them changed for the better over the last few years, I still don't get the feeling they would care about performing as a group again. Well maybe for the money but I understand that.

Now that Sarah has sadly past away, I just don't believe the girls would feel comfortable reuniting to go on tour etc. It's just so sad, and I feel like there would always be a sad feeling amongst the girls.

I can see something happening a long the lines of a documentary or even a performance on TV to celebrate the 10 years and to celebrate Sarah's life, maybe a rerelease of Sound Of The Underground or another Greatest Hits package, but that's it.

12. Personally, I'd just be happy if they put a load of stuff on Spotify - unreleased stuff, demos (there must be so much in the Xenomania vaults). Just lots of fan service like Mariah did for MC30 and Sugababes have done for their 20th.

13. Whatever they choose to do to honor both Sarah‘s and their collective legacies will be welcome. If it comes from a genuine place, it’ll feel right.

14. Obviously I can't speak on behalf of anyone, but I can only imagine Sarah would have wanted a tour to happen whether she was there or not. I know whatever they decide to do will be what's best for them all.

15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I think they should do a merch dump alongside vinyl reissues and a celebration of their legacy to start to garner interest - unlike Sugababes, their debut isn't really a cult classic, but their legacy overall is, as a band that never shifted from its first and only lineup. They can gauge interest from how legacy sales and new merch go down, and from there they can see how live show interest might go for touring. It would be a great way to give back to fans and also have one last hurrah from the goodwill of their presence in British pop.

16. But seriously, and just for the sake of conversation, would you all like them to tour as a 4-piece?

Personally, as much as I would love to see them all live again on tour, it doesn't feel right to see them perform as a 4 piece given what happened... I don't know, I'm really torn about it.

17. I can't even imagine a full show without Sarah. Her vocals are essential to most of their songs.

18. I don't know what I would like them to do, but I do feel they absolutely must do something, and I have every faith whatever they decide to do will be tasteful and respectful.

LightYears, lushLuck, JMRGBY and 3 others like this.
  19. It will probably be an anniversary re-issue with a tribute to Sarah. Maybe some TV performances. I can't see them going on tour nor release any new music.

20. Before we get to the question of whether we’d like them to tour as a 4-piece, for now I don’t even think they would be able to make it through a number without breaking down on stage, let alone an hour-long show. Chilli from TLC still bursted into tears at a radio when talking about Left-Eye and it was 8 years since she’d been gone.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.