Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3762 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ADM

ADM

Same, it wouldn’t be the same. I’d be happy with the four of them doing something publicly as Girls Aloud, talking about the band and Sarahs legacy, re-release some stuff just like how the Sugababes did.

Performing? I just don't know.

LightYears, Elysium and Stopremix like this.
  2. Like so many people have said Sarah was so essential to the group I just don't think it could ever work bar a few high-profile performances. How can you do The Promise, The Loving Kind, Stand by You, Wake Me Up without Sarah? Girls Aloud was always about five distinct girls bringing something unique and special to the group. It doesn't work without one of them, and especially without Sarah. For me, and it saddens me to type this, a tour by them is not something I see happening ever.

Elysium likes this.
  3. This time of year for the last decade + has been the moment when I launch headlong into their back catalogue with a cyclical listening to Call The Shots/The Loving Kind/Untouchable… but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

4. Oh My God! I’ve waited NINETEEN years to see that second clip again. I always remember it happening but could never find it anywhere online.

I wonder if he has Kimberley’s brother in a towel on the day she found out she was in the top 10?

5. I’ve always been completely obsessed with their 2 performances of ‘Sexy’ on GMTV.

The poor Director really couldn’t keep up with who was singing what and misses almost everyone’s lines.

6. The only way I could see it working is if they let her vocals play during her lines, so she's still very much a part of the show.

7. GMTV's preparation for performances seemed to be "quick, fill the dry ice machine and take the camera off its tripod" and that's about it.

Womanizer, Overdose, Elysium and 3 others like this.
  8. SBK

SBK

I'm sure whatever they do, if they do anything, Sarah will be a huge part of it still. I can't see them reforming permanently, but it would be nice to see them celebrate her life and the groups legacy and perhaps make a decent charitable donation to the hospital she was getting treatment at.

9. Absolutely. It’s a given that whatever they decide to do there will be a portion of the proceeds going to charity.

thequinntessential likes this.
  10. I... am not sure how I feel about the whole "they must never perform again as Girls Aloud because Sarah isn't there and it wouldn't be the same" that a few posts have because 1) I highly doubt Sarah wouldn't want the girls to carry on with plans already slowly in motion and 2) it is absolutely their right to perform as a four piece if they want.

11. I'd be here and fully for it, its not fair to force GA into retirement and not perform because of personal feelings of grief especially considering in the near future if they did decide reunite for special occasions it would be the 4 of them anyways so might aswell get used to this configuration plus I'm sure Sarah would want them to keep the GA legacy alive despite the circumstances.

vinegar-tits and LightYears like this.
  12. I could see them maybe taking over some of her lines in songs like Can't Speak French or Call The Shots but leaving them in for The Promise, I'll Stand By You, The Show etc.

13. I don't think anyone is saying they must not. It's more so the fact it would be weird for them to perform without her after so long being the iconic five-piece they have always been.

It would be a different story if one of the girls left the band, but the passing of a member will always be difficult to deal with.

14. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I feel that they can only do wrong by her if whatever they choose to do as a band isn't done wholeheartedly; if it feels half assed it would feel disrespectful but if they commit to it then it'll be right. If they want to sing her parts, or not sing her parts; if they release new music with old vocals, re-release old music, go on tour, do a charity concert, do a charity single... I think all of their fans would support them. It would look and feel weird without her regardless of what they do, but it won't make whatever they do wrong.

15. RJF

RJF

They... will obviously tour again. Sorry, but it's just inevitable. It'll come down to a money thing. They don't stand to make much from pushing vinyl full of songs they have no writing credits on, while they most definitely stand to have a successful stint around UK arenas. I don't mean that to sound callous; I would be extremely surprised if these discussions didn't happen with Sarah months ago, and I would be even more surprised if her attitude wasn't, "Fucking go for it, girls!". Nadine and Nicola are more than capable of covering any lines that aren't maybe reserved for honouring her and... that will be that.

16. Seeing those Instagram clips has made me question what would have happened if Hazel never had to leave the top 10 girls.

Girls Aloud was iconic because of the 5 we got and every single one of them was essential. But I can’t help wonder what it might have been like with Hazel in the mix

dell321 likes this.
  17. I know this is very easy to say with hindsight but literally no other girl would have worked. It had to be those five.

18. I was just thinking, there will never be another group like them. It was all such a perfect storm.

Stewart, Lapras, Sam and 5 others like this.
  19. I was watching clips from Irish Popstars on YouTube yesterday and I’m glad that Nadine got disqualified from being a part of the Irish pop group, Six. It’s hard to imagine Girls Aloud without her voice.

Sam, upu, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.