Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3808 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. They wouldn’t be the first to sign a deal and not deliver on the albums. For the label it’s like an insurance policy in case they decide to return, since they’d obviously have rights to the album. If they truly thing it’s done they’ll release Greatest Hits or unreleased tracks to get the albums owed. The label could also force the girls, but I think that is rarely done. The only case I can think of is with The Mammas and the Papas.

2. El em may yoh. That's the album features the utterly horrific iconique Michelle solo "I Wanna Be a Star", of course, with Cass not touching most of the album with a ten foot pole.

Rooneyboy likes this.
  3. SBK

SBK

I think they signed that so the label would let them take the break.

Deals are rarely eternal, so it's probably expired now... and possibly was voided when they officially disbanded.
    To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't quickly drop 2 in quick succession to get the advances they would have missed out on.

4. I think it was in Kimberley’s autobiography that she said she realised they weren’t making the money they should have been after the first few albums.

So she took it upon herself to get them some endorsements and well deserved money (Barbie, Nintendo, KitKat, Sunsilk etc).

Kimberley was in charge of their money as a group too, she’d make sure they were doing private and corporate gigs for the big paydays on the side.

5. Cheryl thread closed so I’ll put it in here.

Facebook has just reminded me that this is a photo that exists:

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I don't see a photo. Is it this?

[​IMG]

7. Been getting my life to this cover version lately ha!

8. All I hear is “Itsy bitsy spider”.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  9. I was watching The Saturdays megamouth video earlier and began to imagine what a GA one would look like.

10. Queens of recycling the performance they did 3 weeks prior:

Elysium and lushLuck like this.
  11. I can't get over the "let's go to the mall on a Tuesday night" wardrobe. Iconically awful.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. SBK

SBK

Its so lovely and heartwarming... but also one of those little things that pops up and reminds you of what happened and hits you in the face like a tonne of bricks.

13. Reading the description of Sarah at the bottom and seeing 'was' crushed me.

14. MB

MB

15. Why no Kimberley?

16. Great initiative led by the girls!

So do we reckon there won’t be a big charity concert to raise funds?
    What exactly is an industry-led gala dinner? A private event with VIP guests giving money?
    I would have thought the culminating point would have been a big public concert, with artist guests and all. The “big ball” that Sarah talked about in her book!

17. Kimberley may be doing the event elsewhere, maybe to encourage others to do it around the country? I'm not sure.

AllRed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.