Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021) | Page 3811 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud: Sarah Nicole Harding (1981-2021)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Something Kinda Oooh is “kinda” the greatest song of all time, huh?

2. TMI

TMI

It’s the gay girl band anthem.

CarlysAngel likes this.
  3. I was thinking of the perfect Top 4 to resume the career of Girls Aloud - songs that I would introduce people to in order to define their sound and their success/legacy.
    I ended up with Sound Of The Underground / Biology / Call The Shots / The Promise, as I think these 4 are all so different and cover so many layers of their history, but it felt hearbreaking to leave songs like Love Machine and Something Kinda Oooh out.
    What would be your pick?

4. TMI

TMI

If only 4 songs :

Biology
    Something Kinda Ooooh
    Call the Shots
    The Promise

5. Whole Lotta History
    Whole Lotta History
    Whole Lotta History
    Whole Lotta History

6. Success aside, I'd say Sound of the Underground, The Show, Biology and Call The Shots would be four great songs to introduce Girls Aloud to someone. Sound of the Underground is the song that started it all, and the other three, aside from being some of their very best, show GA at their most unapologetically fun (The Show), at their most original/unconventional (Biology) and at their most mature (Call The Shots).

7. I’d say:

Sound of the Underground
    Love Machine
    Call The Shots
    Untouchable

AndrewX likes this.
  8. This is the perfect four to best define their career I think, taking everything into consideration, even if there’s a strong argument for Love Machine or Something Kinda Ooooh (as milestones) or The Show or Untouchable (on quality).

9. Not 4 songs but you should introduce them with one iconic song from each era:

1. Sound of the Underground
    2. Love Machine
    3. Biology
    4. Something Kinda Oooh
    5. Call the Shots
    6. The Promise
    7. Something New

All songs represent a key part of their careers and sound very differently from each other. The Taste of Girls Aloud.

10. I’d probably say;

-Sound Of The Underground
    -Biology
    -Call The Shots
    -Sexy! No No No (I think this sounds better/polished in production than Something Kinda Oooh which upon reflection sounds a tad cheap and came alive better with the live band)

YourLeadSinger and Mvnl like this.
  11. Fantastic choices, I’d fully agree with this lineup.

12. No Good Advice
    Biology
    Call The Shots
    Something New

Million_Lights and Mvnl like this.
  13. The Show
    Biology
    Call The Shots
    Untouchable

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Sound Of The Underground
    Graffiti My Soul
    Biology
    Call The Shots

15. Biology
    Call The Shots
    Something Kinda Ooooh
    The Show

All pop almighty tracks.

upu likes this.
  16. Not most of you missing the PJ rate winner 'Sexy! No No No...'
    Quintessential Girls Aloud.

17. Start any introduction to Girls Aloud with “Sexy! No No No” and end it with the album version of “Untouchable”, and my god, the emotions and experience

Stewart, Red Coat, Womanizer and 5 others like this.
  18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I don't think I'll ever get over the loss of Sarah. I didn't know her personally, but it still hits me right in the chest to realize she's no longer with us.

Angeleyes, SBK, Stewart and 15 others like this.
  19. The show
    The loving kind
    Something kinda ooh
    Whole lotta history

Holly Something and Txetxu like this.
  20. I was listening to “I don’t want you back” yesterday, her note at about 2:25 made me well up.. it’s the perfect Sarah ad-lib!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.