Girls Aloud - TEN (Greatest Hits) | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud - TEN (Greatest Hits)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Untouchable Ace, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sound of the Underground remains one of my favourite debut songs by an artist or group ever.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's a lot easier to preplan an image and sound for a manufactured band though than it is to plan a fitting song that will, for example, work for both a Marcus, Amelia Lily and Little Mix. So going with a sappy sentimental cover around christmas probably is the savest bet.

3. But they DO kind of pre-plan what the winners single will be based on the contestants. When they chose 'A moment like this' that was so obviously chosen as they took it for granted Leona was going to win. When Ray Quinn sang it, it was so obvious he was way out of her league. If the top three this year are Ella, George and Jahmaine, they really don't all suit the same style of music so they need to have some options rather than a 'one size fits all' shite like they seem to do.

4. SBK

SBK

The Xfactor finalists all get to chose their own song these days don't they? Or they at least get a bespoke cover rather than the 'one size fits all' of previous years.

I think they should start some sort of spin off show where songwriters/producers submit tracks to be the winners song. Would make a good ITV2 show.

5. RJF

RJF

All the best pop bands are!

6. I don't think a record label could put Girls Aloud together, rather I don't think they would put Girls Aloud together. The Saturdays are the record label version of what the public did on Popstars, except (in my opinion) the label didn't manufacture a decent pop group. What I liked about Popstars was that people actually voted not only on vocals but on personality too. Cheryl, who sang live every week, wasn't discriminated against because she couldn't belt out songs. We got it right, folks. It was a perfect storm scenario. The fact they all ended up in Kent was an absolute godsend.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  7. K94

K94

I wonder what would have happened if One True Voice got a Xenomania debut as well instead of that crap. Maybe there was room for 2 amazing groups but Sound of the Underground completely crapped on their single and then some.

8. Is this out on Thursday in Ireland?

9. [video=youtube;y_HuyeMCBDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HuyeMCBDo[/video]

That is your answer.

10. What's in the video? It's blocked in my country (USA).

11. You don't want to know.

12. A boyband called V. Their music came via Xenomania.

13. duckface

duckface Guest

I loved (perving on) V!

14. K94

K94

Haha - V weren't completely awful and the Xenomania-produced track Hip To Hip wasn't that bad.

15. You Stood Up by V is one of my fave boyband songs ever!!

16. Can You Feel It wasn't even a Xenomania production was it? Their Xenomania tracks were amazing, especially Fools.

17. The Little Mix album advert calls them 'The most exciting girl band in a decade.' Lol. We all know who it is that they are referring to.

18. K94

K94

Poor GA - Rihanna's performing on X Factor next week to get that second week at #1. If she does Stay, there is no hope.

19. duckface

duckface Guest

The 411?

20. I'm not sure Rihanna's album will fare that well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.