Girls Aloud - The Girls Aloud Show (2024 Tour)

That thing almost derailed the whole ass chemistry campaign!!!!!! I don’t blame them!

It’s mad that an album like Chemistry had that singles run. Definitely a symbol of weird record company traditions in the 90s/00s to release random covers that no one asked for.

Imagine following up one of the most innovative pop masterpieces of all time (Biology) with a random dud cover from the 80s. Even more alarming when you consider that Wicked Game was supposed to be released instead of Biology!

Long Hot Summer and Whole Lotta History hold their own in the Girls Aloud canon but it’s crazy that they were singles over Models, Wild Horses, Watch Me Go, Waiting etc. Again, they were probably trying to go for the safer option.

It’s mad that an album like Chemistry had that singles run. Definitely a symbol of weird record company traditions in the 90s/00s to release random covers that no one asked for.

Imagine following up one of the most innovative pop masterpieces of all time (Biology) with a random dud cover from the 80s. Even more alarming when you consider that Wicked Game was supposed to be released instead of Biology!

Long Hot Summer and Whole Lotta History hold their own in the Girls Aloud canon but it’s crazy that they were singles over Models, Wild Horses, Watch Me Go, Waiting etc. Again, they were probably trying to go for the safer option.

We all know 'See The Day' should've been a double A-Side release with 'Not Tonight Santa'.

After giving it lots of thought...opening the show with a super ethereal version of "Untouchable" would be perfect and a very different vibe from all their other tours. I know the likelihood of them opening with "The Show" is quite high, but possible they won't want to do something they've done on a previous tour...

If they open with a song that has never been an opener before, I think Something New and Untouchable are the most likely candidates, for very different reasons.

I keep coming back to…

Opening Act
1. The Show
2. Something New
3. …

Encore
1. Untouchable (super ethereal and other worldly)
2. Sound of the Underground (ending with the original banger)

Their label was a bit weird. That single run for Chemistry, followed by 3 singles from an album like Tangled Up and 3 singles from Out of Control? Insane.

I really don't know why but this cracks me up.
Cheryl: Can we talk about that meme of me saying, ‘Do you think I’m gonna be singing ‘Love Machine’ when I’m 30?’ In the words of Mariah, “I don’t know her”. She’s a vague memory in the back of me mind. Now, we’re 40 and I still feel 20.
You wouldn’t have modern day pop stars now running around the world, climbing mountains and screaming, ‘Shit! Fuck this! Bollocks!’
Nicola: ‘It’s shit, it’s actual shit!’
Cheryl: ‘It’s shit, that’s what it is.’
Nicola: ‘What’s that? It’s shit.’
Kimberley: ‘That’s what it is. Actual shit.’
Cheryl: It smelled of shit. I could smell it and I was looking for what the smell was, and it was actual shit.