Girls Aloud - The Girls Aloud Show (2024 Tour)

The first act of the Tangled Up tour is legendary.

Sexy! No No No...
When the choir boy style ooowoooohhhoo comes in as they descend upon us like superheroes. Goosebumps.
Best stage entrance ever.
And then when the guitar comes in during Cheryl's intro - oof.

Girl Overboard
Carrying on from where they started. Amazing, amazing song.

Sound of the Underground
When the baseline jumps in Loooondooonn. (Can't wait for this bit next year).

Close to Love
I was Snow White til I started to drift... one of my favourite Girls Aloud lyrics.

I loved the cabaret act too. Definitely my favourite Girls Aloud tour.

The first act of the Tangled Up tour is legendary.

Sexy! No No No...
When the choir boy style ooowoooohhhoo comes in just before Cheryl's intro and then the guitar comes in during the intro - goosebumps
Descending upon us like superheroes. Best stage entrance ever.

Girl Overboard
Carrying on from where they started. Amazing, amazing song.

Sound of the Underground
When the baseline jumps in Loooondooonn. (Can't wait for this bit next year).

Close to Love
I was Snow White til I started to drift... one of my favourite Girls Aloud lyrics.

Definitely my favourite Girls Aloud tour.
I really wanted to see their faces when they heard all these songs for the first time, they must felt blessed.

What songs do people think could’ve been singles and still maintained their top ten streak?

-Girl Overboard
-Close To Love
-Miss You Bow Wow
-On The Metro

These I think all could’ve gone top ten. Maybe a single edit of Love Is Pain.

'Rolling Back The Rivers In Time' with the music video being a sequel to 'The Promise' with the girls on dates with the men they flirted with at the drive-in.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
I have been struggling to gather these thoughts, because watching their career is infinitely as fascinating as the Sugababes. There is so much to say about their legacy because it's extremely unique - while knowing that their genesis was circumstantial... they still fought for it. They weren't necessarily a record label creation, but a creation for a label deal that was oft predicted to fail. Their resilience to overcome that, especially with Kim managing - was them not letting go of their wanted destiny. The fact that we know multiple times that they were meant to be dropped is WILD, not unexpected, but wild to know that despite loss being dangled in their face multiple times, they still manifested more for themselves.

That's why their comfort during Out of Control and TEN is welcome. It's painful that the loss of Sarah really did its most, alongside this COVID energy of nostalgia, for them to recognize the strength of their careers. Not to undermine the fact that they deserved to work on their own, but sometimes you really don't know what you have until you can't access it anymore. After TEN, which almost felt contractual (sure, I was glad to be there front row, especially in the aftermath of what's happened) but now it feels like a genuine celebration and acknowledgment of their success. Next to Madonna's tour it radiates an energy of recognition and warmth, and that was something that TEN couldn't stand on, because the stakes weren't as they are now. The energy now is to honor, to live within, and to stand upon, and that is what comes from all the promo. They know their legacy and discography now, and to revel in that with them seems to be the greatest drawing point of it all now.

As a band - losing a member is something so unique, and it's not as if it could be ignored or replaced. But to see how they've let age and time give back to them what they started with so that now, they can continue again, is something that brings a smile. You really can't fake what's meant to be, and their campaign just feels so natural right now. I'm so excited to see how they give us a new show this time around.

Island

Staff member
It does seem very bittersweet that Cheryl genuinely seems to be interested in the band again and loves everyone's nostalgia posts and references. Also, I love that they really do seem to have a good handle of their back catalogue/album tracks.... unlike the Sugababes who seem to forget they've recorded certain songs that the fans love.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
It does seem very bittersweet that Cheryl genuinely seems to be interested in the band again and loves everyone's nostalgia posts and references. Also, I love that they really do seem to have a good handle of their back catalogue/album tracks.... unlike the Sugababes who seem to forget they've recorded certain songs that the fans love.
I think you have to be fair to both bands, though. Girls Aloud's discography belongs to the five of them. With the Sugababes, they have four distinct lineups and back catalogues, so their navigation is clearly gonna be different. They have to reconcile what the fans want but also what is comfortable for all three of them since they were present at different points. Sugababes kinda have a reason to be strategic about what they say and do because their trajectory has other implications involved.

Me securing tickets for *check notes* Nottingham because it's the only thing that makes sense logistically for my planned family visit, googling Nottingham, and seeing a cute city center and some dutch looking buildings

My friends and I are flying from the US to Aberdeen because it fit our schedules the best!

Anyone have any recs for Aberdeen….? We’ve already googled and found the…one gay bar.