Girls Aloud - The Girls Aloud Show *SPOILERS*

I hope this is just an error cos i preferred the other design.

I don't think it will be that. The majority of the seating plans have this stage. Saying that, if the Newcastle one is recently updated, who knows? For Liverpool, it shows as having a standing section at the front and then seats behind. Very confusing!

GA.jpg

Stand back, because I have officially created the perfect tour setlist.

ACT ONE: Underground Rave
A mix of a grungy rave with bright neon. The girls are dressed in black and pink updated, glitzy neon versions of their outfits from the Sound Of The Underground video. Dancers are in harness and whatnot.

Intro - Dancey megamix of a snippet from all their singles in reverse order with a big build up to...
1 - Sound Of The Underground
After the normal intro, there's a blackout, and Sarah's opening line 'Disco dancing with the lights down low' plays acapella with the clip from the video of her singing it. The crowd goes wild, there's a pause for cheers, then the rocky music builds back up again as the girls scream "This ones for you, Sarah!" and the song returns as normal.
2 - Something New
3 - The Show
4 - On The Metro/Close To Love

The first verse and chorus of On The Metro, which transitions into the 'Dust' intro from Close To Love, then the chorus, first verse, chorus again and the outro. Skip the middle bit.
5 - The Loving Kind
Big light show, all dramatic and emotive.

ACT TWO: Summer In The Hamptons
Big bright colours. 60s swimsuits, beach balls, like Marvelous Mrs Maisel on speed. Retro, fun and colourful.

6 - Long Hot Summer (60s Mix)
Similar to the original, just a bit more motown and 60s inspired beat.
7 - Love Machine
After LHS finishes, the stage goes black and a retro TV tunes in and plays the clip of Cheryl saying she'd never perform Love Machine in her 30s. Then the song kicks in.
8 - Can't Speak French
9 - Rolling Back The Rivers In Time/Black Jacks

First and second verse/chorus of Rivers, then at the middle 8 it transitions into Black Jacks middle 8 and finishes with the chorus.
10 - Whole Lotta History
Fades out with a Hopelessly Devoted To you outro.

ACT THREE - Pepperfire (i.e. Saltburn)

A recreation/parody of the Midsummer Night's Dream party. Shakespearean hedonism.

Intro - Wicked Game (on the screens)
A trippy little ethereal moment to set the mood before transitioning into an orchestral intro of...
11 - Sexy! No No No...
12 - No Good Advice
13 - Graffiti My Soul
14 - Loneliness/Girl Overboard

A Mash-up with the Tomkraft song from the soundtrack. Towards the end it gets a bit intense and dark. Lots of writhing and red lighting. Ends with a blackout.
15 - Biology (feat. Murder On The Dancefloor)
The song starts with the intro of Murder and all moody lighting. After the "burn this Goddamn house down" bit, it bursts into Biology and the girls have changed outfits. They're now in nude bodysuits with glitter all over the (like Britney's Toxic video) and basically play out the end scene of the film, prancing around the house 'naked'.

ACT FOUR - Celestial Showgirls

All white, silver, dreamy and sparkly, with the girls in outfits similar to the tour poster. Lots of drapery. This is the tribute section.

Intro - An orchestral, instrumental version of the Untouchable chorus
16 - Call The Shots
17 - I'll Stand By You
18 - Untouchable (Full album version)

For both ISBY and Untouchable, it's a tribute to Sarah with videos and memories playing on the screens. Lots of confetti and fireworks, plus aerialists (budget permitting).
19 - The Promise
'Final' song which is uplifting and anthemic. Sarah's big verse plays on the screen, and the music drops out a bit to give her her time to shine. Nice to bookend the show featuring her.

ENCORE - Let It Be

The girls are dressed in snazzier, modern day versions of the The Beatles from the Sgt Pepper's cover. But sexier.

Intro - A sombre version of Let It Be.
The girls come on stage, as if performing on top of a building.
20 - Wake Me Up
They rip off the outfits, and are just themselves, in jeans and t-shirts with Girls Aloud imagery all over them. Includes the iconic chant of "This ones for all the rock chicks in the house".
21 - Something Kinda Ooooh
Wake Me Up blends right into this, no pauses, no time for breath, just back-to-back pop chaos.
22 - Jump
Final song, no choreo, all the dancers on stage just having a laugh and big sing along with the audience.

Thank you and goodnight.

I was very scared. Being the terrible procrastinator I am, I'd let my passport expire in December and only got around to renewing it this past weekend. I was hoping that would give me enough time for the renewal to go through before I need to get to the show in Dublin in May. For some reason I thought the turnaround was like 8 weeks or so... but, I've just had a text to say it's already on the way. No more feeling of doom about the possibility of missing out on seeing The Girls Aloud Show.

I'm going to bop to Disco Bunny to celebrate.

There's a really good interview in The Independent with the girls and Xenomania about the making of What Will The Neighbours Say...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...24-what-will-the-neighbours-say-b2511399.html

Great interview, again reiterating how close we got to never having anything more than that first album.

I love Nadine's Wicked Game tidbit:

Coyle: It didn’t feel very us. It was very slow paced. I enjoyed recording it. I could look out the window at the Hollywood Hills as I was singing – it made me feel very like, “Is this what it’s like to be a pop star?”

I would rather they focus on the singles and album tracks, but considering they’ve done covers on every tour, I imagine there will be one in the setlist.

A lot of the time, their covers were songs released within the year (With Every Heartbeat, Broken Strings, Womaniser, Call Me Maybe etc), so I’m wondering what types of songs they could pull off.

I would love Padam personally.

Also, officially 2 months to go!

Gosh, I just have such a good feeling about this tour.

The tension around the time of the Ten Tour has always left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth whereas I feel like this tour is going to completely blow that away.

Egos are more in check. They have a better understanding of their own musical legacy. It’s just doing to be fab.

4 new dates added:

Thu 13 June 2024 - Motorpoint Arena Nottingham, Nottingham
Wed 19 June 2024 - Resorts World Arena, Birmingham
Thu 27 June 2024 - The O2, London
Sun 30 June 2024 - M&S Bank Arena Liverpool, Liverpool

Tickets goes on sale tomorrow at 10.

EDIT:
Sorry my bad, I misunderstood Ticketmaster email, those dates are new on Ticketmaster but they are new on the tour, apart probably for London?

4 new dates added:

Thu 13 June 2024 - Motorpoint Arena Nottingham, Nottingham
Wed 19 June 2024 - Resorts World Arena, Birmingham
Thu 27 June 2024 - The O2, London
Sun 30 June 2024 - M&S Bank Arena Liverpool, Liverpool

Tickets goes on sale tomorrow at 10.

EDIT:
Sorry my bad, I misunderstood Ticketmaster email, those dates are new on Ticketmaster but they are new on the tour, apart probably for London?
Tickets are on sale now (for London at least). Just got a great seat in B1

Probably a bit too soon to be asking this but I'm just curious... say if the ticket states "doors open at 6pm", if I arrive at the venue at say 5:30 would I still be alright or would I be stuck in a queue for ages and miss some of the show?

Sorry if this sounds super dumb but I literally haven't been to a proper concert since Britney's Circus Tour in 2009 dd so I'm a bit inexperienced. I guess I'm just wondering if queuing for like half a day is actually still a thing (something I'm not interested in doing at all)

Probably a bit too soon to be asking this but I'm just curious... say if the ticket states "doors open at 6pm", if I arrive at the venue at say 5:30 would I still be alright or would I be stuck in a queue for ages and miss some of the show?

Sorry if this sounds super dumb but I literally haven't been to a proper concert since Britney's Circus Tour in 2009 dd so I'm a bit inexperienced. I guess I'm just wondering if queuing for like half a day is actually still a thing (something I'm not interested in doing at all)
I think it depends on the act if camping and queueing is still a thing. If you're in the queue at 5:30 I'm sure you'll be fine and make it pretty early in the arena.
Are your tickets standing?

Sorry if this sounds super dumb but I literally haven't been to a proper concert since Britney's Circus Tour in 2009 dd so I'm a bit inexperienced. I guess I'm just wondering if queuing for like half a day is actually still a thing (something I'm not interested in doing at all). If I have a seat already and don't need to worry about a decent view what time would be best to arrive?
It’s mostly seated so nobody will be queuing

If you got there that early you'd be pretty much straight in the venue as the doors open. People tend to get there say 7-8pm. They won't be on stage til around 8.45 to 9.

I think it depends on the act if camping and queueing is still a thing. If you're in the queue at 5:30 I'm sure you'll be fine and make it pretty early in the arena.
Are your tickets standing?
I've got front row VIP seating so I don't need to worry about a view at all, so I'm just wondering what time I should arrive taking that into account (as I have no doubt people standing will arrive earlier)

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it as I just have no idea what to expect fff. I guess I'll just arrive around 6/7 then have a look around the merch store (as it seems like I'll have time dd)

I've got the Kitty Kat zone for Manchester. I like that we're in pods as it will be a great view wherever you're stood, so I don't aim to get there until around 8 (depending on who is supporting).