Girls Aloud - The Girls Aloud Show *SPOILERS*

I'm still hoping other album tracks will get a chance to shine. The whole 30 songs, some on rotation thing was from an interview with Nicola, but it was only in April so things would've been set in stone then. Perhaps it could be different songs per city, rather than every night?

I wish there were some normal posters available and not just a signed print as I've already got the signed tour programme with my ticket (I could probably just get some posters on Ebay to be honest)

I keep hoping they'll be sold out before I get there because I know if it's not I'll end up buying it ddd

I was listening to ‘models’ at the gym today and forgot how fun it is!

Shame it didn’t make the set list either. Is it not very popular with the stans? I rarely see any love for it.

I just had images of a segment of the show opening with everything going black and then white strobe lights come on as we hear

Poor boy Peter, didn’t know how
To claim his miracle, lost his way
Cost him dearly, like his dad
He lost his pride to end this way”

Then the screens burst into action showing the girls riding horses

Mvnl

Staff member
Were there any kind of interludes?
I assume after History the Sarah bit was just used to get changed, but what about the other sections?

I assume after History the Sarah bit was just used to get changed, but what about the other sections?

There’s that one, Wake Me Up is just thunder graphics, then before Sexy it’s just the dancers and red lights, and before The Promise my friend noted that they needed something to fill the time as it was just a black screen for ages.

Can I share a thought with you?

The show so far looks incredible, even my non-fan friend who will be coming along to the concert with me was so excited with everything, the production looks great, the setlist is bulletproof and finally without any duds... I'm sure I will have the time of my life but...

But I have the feeling that something is missing... Maybe it's the 20-songs setlist in a world where pop girls do 30+ songs, maybe its the toned down choreography (from what I've seen) or that I was expecting a few more deep cuts (and a certain favorite single) because the Megamix and the girls themselves got me hyped... I'm not sure.

Anyone else gets this feeling?

Can I share a thought with you?

The show so far looks incredible, even my non-fan friend who will be coming along to the concert with me was so excited with everything, the production looks great, the setlist is bulletproof and finally without any duds... I'm sure I will have the time of my life but...

But I have the feeling that something is missing... Maybe it's the 20-songs setlist in a world where pop girls do 30+ songs, maybe its the toned down choreography (from what I've seen) or that I was expecting a few more deep cuts (and a certain favorite single) because the Megamix and the girls themselves got me hyped... I'm not sure.

Anyone else gets this feeling?
I was initially a little disappointed with the simplicity of the staging, but trust me, once the hits keep coming you get totally swept up in the whole thing and it is so, so enjoyable. The girls are such pros and there are so many special moments during the show.

Control of the Knife is one of, if not my favourite album track from them. I would have loved to see them perform it instead of Girl Overboard (I do still love the latter though).

However to be fair, I don’t think they could ever top that iconic Tangled Up Tour performance.

I feel the same. Black Jacks is a favorite of mine but the Tanglee Up Tour performance was already top tier.

Are these direct uploads from your phone? How can I do that?

tumblr_mvwwok0NYZ1qcxm8ko1_400.gif

In an ideal scenario, I would've added Loving Kind, Models, Close to Love and Love is the Key (personal favorite) / Revolution in the Head / Rolling Back the Rivers with some interludes with Girls Allowed and Memory of You.

Last edited:
Ok, it's time for me to write my essay on this incredible experience.

As you all may know by now, I went to both first and second date in Dublin, I did standing for the first date and Kitty Kat VIP standing for the second date. I'm glad I did both because I could experience the concert in full as the girls did spend a good amount of time both on the main stage and on the top end of the catwalk.

Overall I'm very happy, I think it was and it is an amazing show and we, as fan, couldn't ask for more. The setlist and the order of that is, IMO, absolute perfection. Opening the show with Untouchable might seem an odd decision because, let's be real, you don't start with a bang ...especially because is the long ass version of 15 minutes... but after that they put their high hills on your throat and say "You won't breath until we say so!", The Show into Something New into Love Machine into Can't Speak French into Biology WOW thank God they stop and do Whole Lotta History - when they do that you feel like they have already done everything but NO, they come back in their glorious bikes and kicks you in the face with another incredible run of Wake Me Up into Sound of The Underground into Girl Overboard into No Good Advice into Graffiti My Soul into Long Hot Summer and you scream PLEASE STOP I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! The sing along version of I'll Stand By You is really nice and emotional and let everyone, the girls include, breath a bit. Act 3 is just as good because after you witness a low rent version of Sexy! No No No video live, you will be transported in Girls Aloud mania with On The Metro and then Jump ending with the big confetti moment! Once they are done with Call The Shoots you will kind of think that that's it, it's over but not yet Something Kinda Ooooh kicks in an slap you in the face for the very last time, and believe me, you won't expect that because after Call The Shots you will feel like the show it's done. Of course they decided to close with The Promise and the very last tribute to our Sarah, which is great but, at the same time didn't have the same big closure moment that we had with both Out Of Control tour and Ten tour.

The girls themselves are on fire. Nadine... you can tell she is over the moon to be back on a big stage with the others and she is enjoying every little second of it, she is there for the fun and the drama and we can tell; Kimberley is living her "mommy is a popstar" moment and she also seemed to be so happy to be back on stage, she was so smiley and in top form; Nicola seemed the more focused one and probably she was the most nervous on both nights she is also afraid of highs and she had to stay on that platform and open the show at the beginning and fly on a bike, poor soul; Cheryl, well, she is a star there's not much more to say... she is the one interacting the most with the audience - regarding that, during night one I find myself in what I renamed "the Nicola spot" as she performed many songs in front of me, she looked at me many time and she smiled but she didn't interact a lot, again she was so focused on the show, on night two I was in "the Cheryl spot" and OMG she really interacted with me a lot, we basically sing at each other Sexy! No No No and she keeps on coming to me everytime she was in front of me, she also "called" me for a far when introducing Jump pointing at me and saying "are you gonna jump right?" I was in heaven.

As lots of people said, the interactions between the girls are next level. Forget about Chimola and welcome Chadine (LOL), just kidding, but really we can tell that they are all in such a good place right now, they are no longer colleagues, they are friends celebrating their careers and their lost friend Sarah. Speaking of which, Sarah is very much present in the show.. yes you will feel that she is not physically there but you feel her soul with them. The moments that they dedicate to incorporate her in the show are done beautifully, my personal favorite is The Promise because is done with such a taste that words can't describe.

I want to be honest and say that there are also lots of downs if you think about it: this is not a better show (overall) than their previous, stage set is not that great (those back screens with the opening in the middle is a big no for me), sometimes you feel like the stage is empty, some of the backdrops are a bit tacky (hello Girl Overboard 90s water effect), the girls always walk to the backstage when they have a costume change, they would have benefit of another costume change and so on, but trust and believe me, in the moment you won't see those little things, the show is so good that you will feel like it's 5 minutes long.

Last, but not least, I had the chance to meet some popjusticers as well, I was next to @Jackooh and @saturdays20 during the first night and I spent both of the after shows with @ADM having such a blast and fun nights. I also met with @LP-T even though he was not attending the concert. So lovely to meet you all guys! So I highly recommend to all of you to organize a PJ meet up for your dates.

I guess that's all for now folks.

PS: The shenanigans of them having a b-stage for the other dates... come on now...

Last edited:
There wasn’t really any interludes. I feel like it just went quiet during the costume change and then they appeared again after a few minutes.

But it really didn’t make much of a difference, in fact I kind of liked that they just went hell for leather and gave us 20 bops back to back. It worked perfectly because it didn’t give you a breath.

After Something Kinda Ooh and before The Promise kind of felt like the encore moment as it was the longest gap whether it was meant to be one or not.

I might have watched this a million times since it happened. This would never ever have happened on the Ten Tour and it's so so special to see how far they've come. At the show I actually thought Cheryl had sang the line (I couldn't see them - we ended up behind tall guys at the end) and something about the way she sang 'forgive me' felt like a subconscious nod to their relationship now (considering Cheryl would have known the line).

There was so so many special moments that made two nights worth every penny. As a day one fan of course, the music is incredible but seeing them as who they are now, so together - was the cherry on the cake ;)