Girls Aloud - The Girls Aloud Show *SPOILERS*

I'm watching The Tangled Up Tour. One of the finest exhibitions of popstar brilliance ever. And goodness, Sarah just adores being on that stage. I'm so happy to see them back together, but she feels so absent in all of their interviews. There's this gaping hole where she should be.

It really is a miracle we ever had Girls Aloud at all. Their career is built on lightning-in-a-bottle moments. It's a miracle it was these five girls that were selected with that amazing, electrifying energy between them, not necessarily friendship with all of them but something tying them together in the most enrapturing way, it's a miracle 'Sound Of The Underground' exists and immediately established that they weren't like the other girlbands, it's a miracle how quickly they established that amazing bond with Xenomania who gave them some of the best and strangest and most imaginative pop songs ever, it's a miracle the general public actually responded to said pop songs in spite of their funky weirdness, and it's a miracle this was all sustained for 10 wonderful years.

It would be a crying shame for them not to celebrate the magic that they created at the peak of their powers, but what a crying shame it is that they can't all be here to do so.

Had the Out of Control tour on while doing some school work today and it is just so exciting. I am so excited to see what the tour brings and really hoping for a slot either at Glastonbury or the BST Hyde Park. Wonder if they'll do Capital Summertime Ball or something. Either way, 2024 is looking great!

Edit: Also, maybe its cause the Canadian winters can be harsh and dark, but I find Girls Aloud is on heavy rotation come winter. Not that i don't listen to them year around, but winter is heavy Girls Aloud for me. Just something about them in the winter is so comforting and warming to me. Untouchable during a winter snow fall is just *chefs kiss*

Had the Out of Control tour on while doing some school work today and it is just so exciting. I am so excited to see what the tour brings and really hoping for a slot either at Glastonbury or the BST Hyde Park. Wonder if they'll do Capital Summertime Ball or something. Either way, 2024 is looking great!

Edit: Also, maybe its cause the Canadian winters can be harsh and dark, but I find Girls Aloud is on heavy rotation come winter. Not that i don't listen to them year around, but winter is heavy Girls Aloud for me. Just something about them in the winter is so comforting and warming to me. Untouchable during a winter snow fall is just *chefs kiss*

Funny, I'm Canadian and I feel the same way. I love playing The Loving Kind as the snow falls.

I find snow comforting, just like I find Girls Aloud comforting. Interesting connection.

VIP package showing on AXS for London:

https://www.axs.com/events/511962/girls-aloud-tickets/promos/675547?skin=theo2

Standing VIP - “Gift Wrapped Kitty Kat VIP Zone”​

Standing VIP - “Gift Wrapped Kitty Kat VIP Zone”​

Standing inside the thrust/pit
As many as the venue will allow based on size of pit, 200sqm, approx. 400 people
£195 for London
Includes: Gift Wrapped Kitty Kat VIP Lanyard & Gift Wrapped Kitty Kat Tote Bag​

Seated VIP - “Something Kinda Woooo VIP Package”

Seated VIP - “Something Kinda Woooo VIP Package”

Seat in the front 5 rows in the centre block, approx. 90-100 seats

£195 for London

Includes: Something Kinda Woooo VIP Tote bag & Signed Tour Programme

Also confirmation it’s all/mostly seated.

It’s so interesting looking back now, because I remember generally disliking Girls Aloud growing up. I was a Sugababes fan and really didn’t ‘get’ it, the shouty vocals and all. It’s really PJ that made me look at their discography differently.

I’ve been listening to them a lot recently and they’re such an interesting mirror to attitudes to pop at the time. There was a sense of irony in their work up until Tangled Up, where I think ‘the product’ started to take itself much more seriously; almost like a precursor to Gagaification of the industry, honestly! And now they have all that to draw from. It’s quite a discography.

I once got dumped (if you can call it that after like 2 dates) by a guy and walked home in the snow listening to Untouchable and it all felt so perfect despite the being dumped thing.

I'll be going for at least one of each of the packages for each of the dates.
I guess that also means that we will have a catwalk, or stage that goes into the crowd?