Girls Aloud - Untouchable (New Single)

P

potatosalad

I could buy it but I'm not going to as whenever anybody does the thing leaks in HQ before the CD actually arrives!

It happened this this girl on on the official forum years ago, she spent over £100 for What Wil the Neighbours Say? and then it leaked the morning after. Gutted for her.

anfunny2003 said:
Well, that was odd wasn't it? I must say they're become MASTERS of standing still. There are only so many ways to move your arms around slowly and I feel like they've been doing it since 'Call The Shots'. Yawn. It was, I guess, a good performance, but there's something very stand-off-ish about Girls Aloud at the moment... they've really stepped back and become a very 'still' group. The energy isn't there for me anymore... 'Tangled Up Live' of course was great, plenty of energy there but even the Christmas show and the last 3 sngles, it's like they're somewhere else rather than in the moment for me.

Good post. It seems other people are starting to get fed up of 'Mid-tempo Aloud' and I don't blame them. I've felt like this since 'The Promise' so you can only imagine how I feel now.

Surprised its only at 111 on iTunes. Maybe the dancers were too distracting. Either that or the song isn't having much impact.

It's hard to tell how well it'll do, on one hand its one of the best tracks on the album but on the other its not hugely different from The Loving Kind and is just a continuation of what they've been doing for the past year or so.

I think they're a bit afraid of releasing a banger at this point (chart wise). However they MUST. Every time they tried, they did something as orgasmic as 'Wake Me Up', or 'Something Kinda Ooooh', or 'Sexy No No No'. Maybe those weren't their biggest hits, but it all were amazing tunes and they seemed to enjoy singing it during the tours.

Let's hope the next lead one will be a banger. It has to be a banger, really.

Mixael said:
I think they're a bit afraid of releasing a banger at this point (chart wise). However they MUST. Every time they tried, they did something as orgasmic as 'Wake Me Up', or 'Something Kinda Ooooh', or 'Sexy No No No'. Maybe those weren't their biggest hits, but it all were amazing tunes and they seemed to enjoy singing it during the tours.

Let's hope the next lead one will be a banger. It has to be a banger, really.

I think they're too lazy to learn a new choreo. And they've become Classy Alouds now, they can't wear Sexy! or Wake me Up's outfits anymore.

P

potatosalad

Personally, I think the performance could have done with some dinosaurs and explosions, maybe even a couple of murders (those two skaters could have played the victims).

WHATEVER.

Anyway, I like that they concentrate on the vocal for this song rather than the dance moves. They sounded really good.

tyler_ said:
vasilios said:
The Greek fans* wanted Miss You Bow Wow!

That's me.
Um, hi!
And yes they* did.

*we

WE did indeed, preferably with some new vocals and without the 1.5 minute instrumental.

As for the Untouchable performance , I thought it was pretty good, although the ice skaters were annoying. The vocals were better than usual, which is probably due to them realising they screwed up with The Loving Kind, and due to them having spent so much time recording Untouchable. The "choreography" needs more work, especially if they are going to promote it as a stomper-ish single.

aethyrsprite said:
Are there any more performances lined up for it?

Well, its still early days, but we'll probably get the usual GMTV & Paul O Grady. of course if they want a hit they could do This Morning, T4, Sound, Loose Women, Jonathan Ross etc.

I doubt we will get that though.

P

primrose12

i just watched the dancing on ice of untouchable and nicola stands out by a mile her vocals are really really good. although cheryl hasnt got the strongest vocals imo she kept her vocals in form and sounded much better here than usual.

Their place in the DOI performance perfectly reflected my vision of Girls Aloud's hierarchy :
Princess - Queen - Godess - Queen - Princess
Sarah - Nadine - Nicola - Cheryl - Kimba