Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say? + Album Re-issues

he/him
It’s front page of The Sun tomorrow so hopefully this turns out to be true
F-XUhxOWYAA_AhH

GIRLS Aloud are making a huge comeback after more than a decade away.

The pop superstars secretly reunited at a North London studio to shoot the music video for their first single in 11 years. Cheryl Tweedy, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts dedicated the new song to bandmate Sarah Harding who died of cancer in 2021 aged 39.

The reunion marks a remarkable comeback for the chart-topping group, dogged by rumours of feuds before they split in 2013. A music source said: “This has been one of the best-kept secrets in pop, but it’s actually happening now. “The girls really came back together as friends to rally around when Sarah died, and it repaired some of the old rifts and put things into perspective. Suddenly the reunion which had seemed totally impossible for so long just felt a totally natural thing to do — in Sarah’s honour.”

The four bandmates arrived in separate cars at a North London studio, wearing caps and shades to avoid being recognised. The video for their new single — the band’s first in 11 years — sees the girls playing superhero characters complete with Wonder Woman-style costumes and capes. The band — formed in 2002 on ITV talent show Pop Stars: The Rivals — are reported to be thrilled to be back working together. And they are said to be planning to make more music — before taking it out on the road. The insider added: “They’ve got a single and a video in the can, plans for a full record of new music, and for the fans the most exciting thing will be a massive reunion tour in 2024. “It’s going to be huge — and they’re all very excited to be back working together, even if there is a bittersweet element to it.

“Of course, whatever they do, there will always be nods to Sarah’s contribution to the group, too.”

This all reads like a fever dream. Oh my... if its true...

I would love for them to pull out a full on comeback like Steps, but yes I would really miss Sarah's voice.

Unfortunately it’s impossible for legacy acts to get a single into the top 10 these days. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

New music makes me a bit nervous, but it’s also very exciting. Can’t wait til all is properly revealed.