Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say? + Album Re-issues

Does anyone else do this thing where you can't help but imagine other Xenomania songs as possible GA tracks? They would've KILLED on the chorus of this, for example, especially with Nadine's voice:

I Wish by Mini Viva is truly the Girls Aloud song that got away...they could've done wonders with One Touch as well. I really think if they had released a couple more albums, they would've been better than Out of Control overall. Xenomania hadn't dried up by that point (Some of the Saturdays songs even come to mind - Get Ready Get Set is sooo good).

All the time! Especially knowing they probably recorded some of the hooks. Wasn’t it rumoured that You Bring Me Joy was one of the One Direction tracks that they did at Xenomania? I bet a Girls Aloud vocal exists.

Does anyone else do this thing where you can't help but imagine other Xenomania songs as possible GA tracks? They would've KILLED on the chorus of this, for example, especially with Nadine's voice:

I Wish by Mini Viva is truly the Girls Aloud song that got away...they could've done wonders with One Touch as well. I really think if they had released a couple more albums, they would've been better than Out of Control overall. Xenomania hadn't dried up by that point (Some of the Saturdays songs even come to mind - Get Ready Get Set is sooo good).

Unless this was specifically commissioned for the Gabriella album, I'm convinced it was done with the band in mind. Nadine would absolutely kill the verses.

I actually really love the direction they went in with Out of Control.

I’ll always be intrigued by what they would’ve done on a 2009 sixth record.

I wouldn't have been surprised if their lead single for a 2009 album was The Boy Does Nothing.

Oh wait, I've just seen Alesha released it in Nov 2008.

Lessons To Be Learned would've been a great Girls Aloud album after Out of Control. Or great as a Nadine solo album.
Got No Place To Go is sooo Girls Aloud to me. Don't Wanna Go To Bed Now is like Waiting part 2.
Nadine would've sounded amazing on Terrifying.

Out of Control is easily their worst album and the only one out of their discography I rarely return to. I mean shit like Live in the Country and Fix Me Up are straight up embarrassing. There's definitely a few decent tracks there but as a whole it definitely feels like Girls Aloud on autopilot to me.

Lessons To Be Learned would've been a great Girls Aloud album after Out of Control. Or great as a Nadine solo album.
Got No Place To Go is sooo Girls Aloud to me. Don't Wanna Go To Bed Now is like Waiting part 2.
Nadine would've sounded amazing on Terrifying.

Sorry but this would have been dreadful fff

Dd I was reading this at a drive-thru and for some reason thought this said Tangled Up. The fuming I was doing.

Fff I saw your original gif and that was honestly a perfect response if it was Tangled Up!

I just find it lacks the magic all of their other albums seem to have (yes, even the debut). Time for an album ranking? I think so!

What Will the Neighbours Say?
Tangled Up
Chemistry
Sound of the Underground
Out of Control

Now I think the first three are stellar and they're always changing places, but I've always had a special thing for Neighbours. It may be partly nostalgic but I just adore everything about that era - the album in general, how the tracks are sequenced, the photoshoots, music videos - it's just all wonderful. Chemistry is equally as good, Watch Me Go is one of my favourite songs by them ever. As for Tangled Up, just stunning from start to finish.

I think that Sound of the Underground is often given more flack than it deserves - it's a debut lots of girl bands would have killed for (or locked themselves in their car like Geri Halliwell allegedly did for Some Girls). Love/Hate, Boogie Down Love, Girls Allowed, Some Kind Of Miracle, White Lies, Don't Want You Back, All I Need (All I Don't) - all wonderful pop songs.

Out of Control houses some mammoth songs like The Promise, Untouchable and Miss You Bow Wow, but unfortunately it also houses some of their worst material. I agree that the b-sides should have made the tracks over some of the album tracks dd

Out of Control is a bit of an odd one, isn't it? The girls were seemingly bigger than ever with their: album sales, a #1 song, a Brit Award. And all this before their streak of consecutive Top 10 entries came to an end with arguably one of their best songs (and arguably worst single edit). I could personally do without half of the album (see offenders like: Fix Me Up, Revolution In The Head, We Wanna Party) in the same way that I could personally not do without some of their more strikingly sophisticated songs (see: Turn To Stone, Love Is Pain). An album of material that feels both essential and inessential to their legacy.

The album came out at the time I was trying to navigate a doomed long-distance relationship; it soundtracked many tumultuous days, weeks and months of my finding a way through and out of the wreckage of that painful lesson. The opening guitars on Rolling Back The Rivers In Time immediately takes me back to that vulnerable, uncertain 20-year-old in the midst of it. The Loving Kind perfectly mirrored the tug-of-war of my emotions when I still had a semblance of fight left. Untouchable felt like a warm blanket that comforted me on days that were a little more kind and gave me a sense of optimism that I thought had all but disappeared. On top of all that, those are just objectively great pop songs and will always be among the best offerings to come out of Girls Aloud; the fact that they are emotionally tied to me makes them all that more special.

Out of Control may not have had that unpredictable, experimental touch that came from the albums that preceded, but it sounded like a record of growth and maturity for fans that were doing the same.