Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say? + Album Re-issues

I’m more surprised that the photoshoot happened nearly 6 months before the single release in Feb 2005 and 3 months before the album release. Was that the norm to have the singles chosen so far in advance?

Wasn't Wake Me Up shortlisted to be the first single off the album? They probably prepared more singles just in case.

As it's been mentioned that photoshoot could have worked for numerous songs (Graffiti My Soul playing in the video actually has me wondering if the photoshoot was maybe originally for that song)

Also I've said it before and I'll say it again - I think people do way too much over See The Day, I really don't think it's that bad and I'd choose it over I'll Stand By You every time.

I still remember when the first spin of See The Day on the radio was a solo version of the song by Nadine and people were outraged that none of the other girls were singing.

See The Day is their best cover single to me, but they definitely missed a trick by not making it a double A side with an original Christmas song (like Not Tonight Santa).
Honestly? The way the vocals are shared really, really, really, really annoys me hahaha. Especially since the live version proved the girls were more than capable of singing it.

New as of a few days ago!

The previous default pictures were:

00J.jpg

00J2.jpg
Aww Jump switched eras again...

Honestly? The way the vocals are shared really, really, really, really annoys me hahaha. Especially since the live version proved the girls were more than capable of singing it.

Aww Jump switched eras again...
Noooooo!!! They could’ve at least left one of the videos with the debut era, nn.

I still remember when the first spin of See The Day on the radio was a solo version of the song by Nadine and people were outraged that none of the other girls were singing.
But then nobody cared Kimba wasn’t on it. :(

I really love “See The Day” despite this. I think it’s gorgeous and much better than “I’ll Stand By You”.

Speaking of that soundtrack, someone claimed that “On My Way To SLAYtisfaction” was recorded during the Chemistry era, which is insane because it feels so right at home in the Tangled Up era. Is it true?

Last night I celebrated successfully fixing my old portable CD player by spinning this, and it’s a much stronger album that I probably would've given it credit for. I would say that only the bonus tracks feel a tiny bit inessential, but it’s not like they’re bad or anything either.

The label mapping out an entire album campaign months before release definitely wasn't unusual back then. The conveyor belt that the industry was at the time meant that they needed to have things ready to go so that once they'd started a campaign, they could focus on promoting the hell out of the record rather than pausing for recording/photoshoots etc.