Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say? + Album Re-issues

Do we know at what point in 2006/7 they heard they'd get another album?
It feels bizarre to picture a timeline where I Think We're Alone Now would have been the last we'd heard of them. (Though I suppose at that point Walk This Way was already planned and that would be an even weirder single to go out on??)

I'm pretty sure the early momentum around Something Kinda Ooh and the Greatest Hits sealed the deal for another album. There's no way the label thought of dropping them on the back of The Sound Of Girls Aloud massive sales in November/December 2006.

Mvnl

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the early momentum around Something Kinda Ooh and the Greatest Hits sealed the deal for another album. There's no way the label thought of dropping them on the back of The Sound Of Girls Aloud massive sales in November/December 2006.
But like 2 weeks later people could already vote for their favourite Alone Now ending, so I guess there is a scenario where it would have ended there?

Wow that article was really interesting! Looking back though I actually think a reissue would have slapped, I mean I would have loved another add on with more similar songs. Only if Chemistry still came later though of course.

Is the Out Of Control low ranking a general consensus on here? Personally it’s my favourite just behind Tangled Up.

Same. But I think it’s a recency bias, as I got into Girls Aloud because of the “Tangled Up” album in the US and all their work after. I dove into their later work much later on.

For me Out Of Control has incredibly high highs, but some pretty low lows. That being said Chemsitry has a couple of duds for me as well so I end up preferring it to the first three albums.

The Promise, The Loving Kind, Untouchable and Miss You Bow Wow are 4 of my all time favourite girl group songs.

They really should’ve had the b-sides on the main tracklist though, instead of songs like Fix Me Up.

Is the Out Of Control low ranking a general consensus on here? Personally it’s my favourite just behind Tangled Up.
I personally think it's easily their worst.

The Promise, The Loving Kind, Untouchable, Love is the Key and Miss You Bow Wow are all decent but the rest? I could easily do without them to be honest.

It's always felt like a watered down version of Tangled Up to me, as much I'm happy that they had so much success with it I can't help but wish it was with a different album dd. A large portion of the general public who didn't even bother with Tangled Up but then purchased Out Of Control? I feel bad for them.

Last edited: