Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say? + Album Re-issues

Re: General Girls Aloud discussion thread

I can't believe i missed this the first time but i was just listening to the live version of Control Of The Knife from the Tour DVD and My God, when Cheryl does that last 'I'll never let you trick me twice' line, there's so much anger and venom in her voice it's incredible, it sounds like she's ready to kill...

I was hoping they'd do something different this year and do stadiums, but Take That are doing stadiums next year, so GA might have to find something inbetween.

Steveweiser said:
I was hoping they'd do something different this year and do stadiums, but Take That are doing stadiums next year, so GA might have to find something inbetween.

But Girls Aloud could easily do stadiums, especially what with the added interest in Cheryl this year, they could easily sell-out places like Wembley. Songs like Untouchable and Turn To Stone are made for stadiums.

D

DiscoWenchy83

I've watched the tour dvd three times now (I only managed to get it on Friday, fuck you HMV!) and here are my potted thoughts, for anyone that cares to read!

- I find the opening quite scary. I think it's the jumpy footage, the whispery voice, and the doom laden sound in the background. It really reminds me of certain kinds of Japanese horror, actually. I had to switch the light on after that bit, after initially planning to watch it in the dark. I'm 25 for crying out loud!

- There is some bad dubbing and audio alteration. Very, very bad in fact. But when it's good, it's perfect. The one that confused me the most was Jump, did they confuse the GA version with the original? Because it sounds totally out of place!

- Cheryl and Kimba really are the best dancers, but it's to remind myself that I thought they'd all improved so much.

- There's a bit when Kimba is lifted up by her dancer in Can't Speak French, and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Wanty.

- I have a huge compulsion to do very, very naughty things to Cheryl and Kimba. Such a huge girly crush on them both.

- It really, really was their best tour to date. Just brilliant.

- Oh, Fling and Push It in HQ are just amazing.

That is all! Hehe.

D

DiscoWenchy83

Oh yes, final thought was they must all be waxed to within an inch of their lives. Especially Sarah, there are some bits when Toe of the Camel is dangerous to making an appearance!

DiscoWenchy83 said:
- I have a huge compulsion to do very, very naughty things to Cheryl and Kimba.

You're not alone there

I was wondering how long it would be till this thread verged on falling into filth again - what with all the book, new single, album and stuff the Girls have kept us too busy to go all random and off topic

And yes, the intro does have something about it, maybe not so quite scary, but certainly chilling in a shivers down your spine amazing way

D

DiscoWenchy83

Feltano said:
You're not alone there

I was wondering how long it would be till this thread verged on falling into filth again - what with all the book, new single, album and stuff the Girls have kept us too busy to go all random and off topic

And yes, the intro does have something about it, maybe not so quite scary, but certainly chilling in a shivers down your spine amazing way

It was bound to happen at some point!

Mm, when I saw it live, it was chilling and shivers down the spine. On my own in the dark, just plain scary! My imagination is a little too active sometimes.

Oh yes, and I love the little moment between Cheryl and Kimba in Close to Love, where Cheryl strokes Kim's bum (lovely) and then they hold hands. Just too cute.

he/him

The only problem with the tour DVD is that my DVD player is shite and so with some DVDs it's super loud and others it's super quiet. Unfortunately with the Tangled Up one it's too quiet, even with the surround sound on. So I had to play it via my laptop which resulted in a less than satisfactory picture but amazingly loud sound. But that requires too much effort just to pop on whenever I feel like it. Rubbish.

V

vasilios

Feltano said:
Steveweiser said:

But Girls Aloud could easily do stadiums, especially what with the added interest in Cheryl this year, they could easily sell-out places like Wembley. Songs like Untouchable and Turn To Stone are made for stadiums.

I am not going near a stadium ever again, thanks Madonna!

And let's be realistic, Girls Aloud cannot sell out 75.000 Wembley seats. It will be BrosIn2summer all over again.

vasilios said:
Feltano said:
Steveweiser said:

I am not going near a stadium ever again, thanks Madonna!

And let's be realistic, Girls Aloud cannot sell out 75.000 Wembley seats. It will be BrosIn2summer all over again.
why not, they sold out the o2 two nights in a row... thats verging on 40,000, granted some people went twice, but if you take out the arenas people would travel to their nearest stadium for them

Official Tangled Up sales for anyone that's interested: 417,738.

I fully expect OOC to finish at 500k+ due to the massive success of The Promise and their heightened profile at the moment.

Steveweiser said:
We'd have known if Edith Fucking Bowman had played an album track, the bitch.

It's brilliant reading that while imagining Kimba saying it while laughing sweetly and honking a horn.

Steveweiser said:
We'd have known if Edith Fucking Bowman had played an album track, the bitch.
Known what exactly?

Edith playing an album track because you requested it doesn't mean the track she had chosen would have been a single.

Okay but maybe there isnt a second single yet, I can't imagine them squeezing one in before xmas now.

vasilios said:
They gotta come this week right?
Timing is perfect for a Tour announcement!

You like Promise/OOC/Dreams that glitter/Cheryl off X Factor?
BUY TOUR TICKETS!

I reckon the ticket/tour info will come with the special edition of Out Of Control - the tour dates were first revealed in the Tangled Up Fan Edition!

I reallllllllllllllly can't afford the tour tickets right now, not when I've bought TT tickets for me and my mam!

I've gotten a job for the sole purpose of buying tickets. Along with a flight and hotel stay, but that's a whole 'nother story. *sheepish*