Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say? + Album Re-issues

Re: General Girls Aloud discussion thread

yeah, unless the tour is a much bigger tour..... stadiums?

but yeah I'm the same, a tour wouldn't be that spectacular an announcement... we knew they'd be touring anyway.

Seanie said:
yeah, unless the tour is a much bigger tour..... stadiums?

but yeah I'm the same, a tour wouldn't be that spectacular an announcement... we knew they'd be touring anyway.

We all knew there was going to be a tour but they're still obviously going to big it up, i just can't for the life of me imagine any thing else at the moment that would be some big announcement.

Maybe, like you say, it's stadiums and they're doing some big one off gig at Wembley

V

vasilios

Official sites are stupid. They think we don't know anything and that we get all our info from them. A Picture disc release is news to them, a tour is the end of the world-mega-news.

this really isnt something i normally like to think about, but on my way home last night me and my housemates were discussing girls alouds splitting.

and we decided that it should be exactly 10 years after the date they were formed. Just to sorta have it like full circle with a full anothology released on that day.

but yes i hope its not a tour annoucement.... we knew that'd be coming....

U

usernametaken

Imagine if they did end up going until 2012 though!

They still wouldn't be that old, the Pussycat Dolls are all 30 or pushing 30.

I still maintain i don't think they will ever 'split' - it's just such a messy, negative word. If anything, they will either carry on releasing music and touring for years, just slowing down a bit, or they will just go into an extended hiatus.

D

DiscoWenchy83

Christ, ticket stress. I had good seats for Brum, but my Dad wangled them for me - I've never really had to buy tickets online, so I won't have a fucking clue as to whether my seats will be any good or not - faff.

When it comes to them giving special codes or whatever, do they get sent to email addresses or something? Because my GA emails are mighty unreliable, and I can't log onto MySpace anymore.

Feltano said:
I still maintain i don't think they will ever 'split' - it's just such a messy, negative word. If anything, they will either carry on releasing music and touring for years, just slowing down a bit, or they will just go into an extended hiatus.
id like this too, infact id love for them to be a group forever and never split but just release albums every few years

A Movie?......A TV series?.........A Tour?........could be!

Or they could be the support act for the Take That stadium dates??

Or indeed, all of the above!

sjoe71 said:
A Movie?......A TV series?.........A Tour?........could be!

Or they could be the support act for the Take That stadium dates??

Yes, the Take That connection crossed my mind too, either as support for them or maybe some special team-up single

Feltano said:

I'd quite like (and think they might do this) a Wham! style 'Calling it a day' (I won't use 'split') following the release of their second singles collection around 2012. Very celebratory, not at all negative with one massive one off performance somewhere like Wembley Stadium.

Bow out with a big BANG and lots of tears during 'I'll Stand By You'.

After seeing those Take That pictures, I really want Barlow to write Girls Aloud a 'Rule The World', produced by Brian. A massive, soaring, melodramatic ballad that Nadine can really get her lungs into.

Failing that, I would love to see them duet on the ITV1 Christmas Special in a Call The Shots/Rule The World medley.

As Nicola coos "So full of twilight, dreams that glitter", Barlow and co burst in with "All the stars are coming out tonight, they're lighting up the sky tonight for you...for you..."

Pyrotechnic showers o'clock

RhythmNative said:
Feltano said:

I'd quite like (and think they might do this) a Wham! style 'Calling it a day' (I won't use 'split') following the release of their second singles collection around 2012. Very celebratory, not at all negative with one massive one off performance somewhere like Wembley Stadium.

*weeps*

RhythmNative said:
Feltano said:

i think most aloud fans will cry if we know its going to be the last time they perform it.

and as for them supporting take that...... no fucking way.... GA and Take That are the biggest boy band and biggest girl band in the uk repectivley,... they shouldnt be supporting anyone

sjoe71 said:
RhythmNative said:
Feltano said:

*weeps*

I would cry so much if that ever happened. I don't think i'd be able to face some kind of 'final performance'.

And yeah, the fact that GA are so big themselves kinda throws a spanner in the Take That support idea. I can't see it happening but that's on the scale of a 'big announcement'

Feltano said:
sjoe71 said:
RhythmNative said:
Feltano said:

*weeps*

I would cry so much if that ever happened. I don't think i'd be able to face some kind of 'final performance'.

And yeah, the fact that GA are so big themselves kinda throws a spanner in the Take That support idea. I can't see it happening but that's on the scale of a 'big announcement'

you're probably right, i just mentioned it to my other half and he said the same thing "surley they're too big now to be supporting anyone". god love him!

D

DiscoWenchy83

RhythmNative said:
As Nicola coos "So full of twilight, dreams that glitter", Barlow and co burst in with "All the stars are coming out tonight, they're lighting up the sky tonight for you...for you..."

Pyrotechnic showers o'clock

Oooh, that would be lovely. A dream collab.

And hehehehe at the last sentence!

D

DiscoWenchy83

No upload of the This Morning interview or performance?

Whaaa!

U

usernametaken

Please can we keep the godawful Barlow away from The Aloud. I fucking hate Take That - a load of middle aged, banal shite.

I would like to see the This Morning interview as well.

I assume this refers to the tour (from the official):

Exclusive Girls Aloud Announcement!

This weekend we will be making a very very special Girls Aloud announcement.

That's right, by 8am this Monday, we will be bringing you some exciting news that no fan will want to miss.

Make sure you log on to find out what Nicola, Nadine, Cheryl, Sarah and Kimberley have in store for you all in 2009!

Can I ask someone how you join the mailing list? I'm not on it and need to be!

frankathl said:
This reported by a poster on Girls Aloud Media:

Girls Aloud

On Sale 9am Friday 14th November

Girls Aloud have announced that they are to return to Sheffield Arena as part of their “Out Of Control Tour 2009â€￾.

Tickets for Girls Aloud go on general sale at 9am on Friday 14th November. Tickets are priced at £30 (subject to booking fee) and will be available through this website, over the booking line on 0114 256 56 56 or in person at the venue box office.

Join up to Girls Aloud’s mailing list at www.girlsaloud.co.uk now to gain access to the exclusive pre-sale which goes live at 10am on Monday 10th November.

Apparently this is fake