Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say? (Mar 8) + General Discussion

I’m struggling to find somewhere that will deliver the book on the day. I tried Amazon and it even gave me a Prime free trial with ‘premium’ delivery, yet it said expected delivery between March 27th - April 13th?! I don’t live in Timbuktu, I’m in Liverpool.

Does anyone know where I can preorder with guarantee release date arrival, or is it a case of me being able to go to Asda on Thursday morning and it being there on the shelf? Thanks.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I had no clue this site existed.

I've avoided reading Sarah's Times interview because I honestly don't think I have the mental capacity for that level of depression right now. The very thought of losing one of the most endearing pop stars of my lifetime, someone partially responsible for some of the greatest pop music of the 21st century as well as one of the greatest concerts I've even been lucky enough to attend, sends me into a downward spiral. I think I have to live in some form of denial right now, likely until I receive the book and give it a read. It's also hitting hard because my father was diagnosed with cancer over the holidays, and while he is doing just fine, I can't help but mentally conflate the two, and so receiving terrible news about one immediately leads me to think the worst about the other, and that's not a healthy space for me.

I continue to wish her nothing but the best, and keep her in my thoughts and prayers, hoping this all takes a turn for the better.

I'm not sure how to handle all of this mentally - I feel like I've started mourning already and almost have a sense of comfort that we at least have advanced warning. But at the same time, I feel guilty that I am already preparing when she is still very much alive now...

Anyway, I'm excited to read her story and am also very happy that the girls have reunited as friends - it's always saddened me that their break-up was so horrible after the Ten Tour and while the circumstances are horrific, it is a glimmer of silver lining during all of this.

he/him
I’m so happy they got to all meet up. To be a fly on the wall watching them watch Off The Record! I remember at some point during that documentary that one of them says “it’ll be nice to look back at this in years to come” and it’s especially poignant now. I’m actually welling up typing this thinking of them all having a laugh and reminiscing about everything.