Girls Aloud | Page 3614 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Has anyone in America been able to order Sarah's book online? Amazon UK will ship here but shipping costs more than the book itself. I'm definitely getting the Kindle version on the 18th but would like the hardback too.

2. Thought some people may be interested in this:

3. I ordered from https://www.bookdepository.com/

4. Thank you for sending this link for us in the US! I had no idea this site existed so thank you!

RandomBrit7 and chrisjche like this.
  5. I’m struggling to find somewhere that will deliver the book on the day. I tried Amazon and it even gave me a Prime free trial with ‘premium’ delivery, yet it said expected delivery between March 27th - April 13th?! I don’t live in Timbuktu, I’m in Liverpool.

Does anyone know where I can preorder with guarantee release date arrival, or is it a case of me being able to go to Asda on Thursday morning and it being there on the shelf? Thanks.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this! I had no clue this site existed.

I've avoided reading Sarah's Times interview because I honestly don't think I have the mental capacity for that level of depression right now. The very thought of losing one of the most endearing pop stars of my lifetime, someone partially responsible for some of the greatest pop music of the 21st century as well as one of the greatest concerts I've even been lucky enough to attend, sends me into a downward spiral. I think I have to live in some form of denial right now, likely until I receive the book and give it a read. It's also hitting hard because my father was diagnosed with cancer over the holidays, and while he is doing just fine, I can't help but mentally conflate the two, and so receiving terrible news about one immediately leads me to think the worst about the other, and that's not a healthy space for me.

I continue to wish her nothing but the best, and keep her in my thoughts and prayers, hoping this all takes a turn for the better.

7. MusicalMelody, RUNAWAY, Rob and 51 others like this.
  8. chrisjche likes this.
  9. It makes me so happy that the girls, and in particular, Cheryl, have made up with Sarah. It’s bittersweet but sweet nonetheless that she’s doing everything she can to be there for her.

Womanizer, Mr_Matt, Elysium and 8 others like this.
  10. I am so so so glad they got to see each other again and god do I wish I could’ve been a fly on the wall whilst they watched Off The Record!

11. I'm not sure how to handle all of this mentally - I feel like I've started mourning already and almost have a sense of comfort that we at least have advanced warning. But at the same time, I feel guilty that I am already preparing when she is still very much alive now...

Anyway, I'm excited to read her story and am also very happy that the girls have reunited as friends - it's always saddened me that their break-up was so horrible after the Ten Tour and while the circumstances are horrific, it is a glimmer of silver lining during all of this.

Womanizer, Elysium, Alenko and 10 others like this.
  12. The thought of the girls together reminiscing about Cheryl calling the Amelle from Sugababes sister her “Mam”, the top peak of Greek or Sarah crashing the car just warms my heart.

13. I love they sat around and watched that! I’m so happy they could all come together.

Womanizer, Overdose, Elysium and 2 others like this.
  14. Nadine: “I’ve never seen this”

and

Nadine: “I don’t remember doing any of this”

is so Nadine. Howling

15. Gosh what I would give to hear their 2021 commentary on Off the Record. Literally the one good thing to have come out of this whole saga of unhappiness.

16. I'm so happy they all got together as friends, considering how things were left in 2013. That really warms my heart.

Womanizer, Overdose, Elysium and 13 others like this.
  17. I wonder if they also watched Ghosthunting because that would have been something for most of them to reminisce and have a laugh at.

18. SBK

SBK

God, Peter really is the best.

I hope they get the chance to meet up again this year. Just so sad how it came about.

Womanizer, Elysium, Alenko and 10 others like this.
  19. I’m so happy to read that the girls are so supportive of Sarah. Of course that’s not a surprise, but it feels heart warming to read it. Picturing them all together for a girly week-end in the countryside is everything.

Womanizer, Elysium, Sam and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.