Girls Aloud | Page 3616 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Nice one.

Amazon has really let me down and I had to cancel. Now I don't know when I will receive mine when I re order.

2. ADM

ADM

Never in a million years did I think I'd ever be saying I'm happy that the 'reunion' was a behind closed doors affair, for them only, and not for the fans or the public. As a fan knowing all that it (seems to be) water under the bridge now is so heartwarming, and that they're there for Sarah now.

MusicalMelody, Sam, 4Roses and 12 others like this.
  3. I watched some of it last night and the nostalgia was real. I remember watching it on E4 at the time and being so invested in seeing what went on behind the scenes. It was quite special seeing them again in their heyday, they were living the dream but wow, the music industry has changed so much! I forgot how much effort would go into promoting a song!

Keisha and the girls having a bitch about the lack of pop at the BRIT Awards in their CD:UK dressing room is just so noughties, ddd.

Sam, Robert, 4Roses and 11 others like this.
  4. Reading Cheryl's commentary gave me literal goosebumps in that article. I'm so happy that the girls came together, put aside their petty bullshit (if it's even still going on at this point) and rallied around Sarah. They've had an incredible journey together that only them individually and 4 other girls can truly atest to experiencing, and it warms my heart that they celebrated it together with the most important documentary about a band ever made.

I fully burst out laughing at Nadine's amnesia; like girl. God she's so effortlessly iconic, even in times like this. The fact that Sarah mentioned it indicates she knows exactly what she's like hahaha I love it.

Also; whilst on my heavy GA rotation today; Whole Lotta History came on. And fuck if Sarah's close out doesn't hit harder then ever in the context of this.

MusicalMelody, Sam, 4Roses and 6 others like this.
  5. The amount I'd pay to watch them relive Off The Record and offer their commentary! Especially Cheryl's frankly iconic wardrobe meltdown in Australia.

Honestly, a landmark moment in the history of television.

6. That whole Cheryl wardrobe drama was hysterical! I can see why she was cringing at herself when they watched it back!

Elysium, Womanizer, Sam Jones and 5 others like this.
  7. For anyone else who sent in a message for the fan book last year, Sarah received the book on her weekend with the girls.

Sam, Robert, 4Roses and 12 others like this.
  8. ADM

ADM

Oh wow. That just punched me in the feels. The idea of them looking through the memories..

Elysium, Womanizer, Daniel L and 4 others like this.
  9. WHO LOOKS LIKE THA DICKHEAD? NOT YIEW!

Iconic.

MusicalMelody, Sam, popjunkie and 9 others like this.
  10. I've tried avoiding all articles this weekend, I feel absolutely broken at the slightest glance of anything related to it. I'll save myself for the book and hopefully book a day off for myself to process everything in it.

11. I am still so grateful that I was able to see them during the Ten tour. What a magical experience being in London (from Portland OR) with my friend reliving all the hits that we hammered to death during our late high school/early college days. Going to some underground club where they played nothing but Girls Aloud all night after the concert.

Even though I haven't listened to them in a long time, I'll always cherish their music. I'm so saddened to hear how her cancer has worsened and I wish her nothing but the best in her remaining time. Having lost a friend from cancer, I know how devastating everything is... I cannot imagine living through that in the midst of a pandemic when you can't even find 'normalcy' or creature comforts.

I'm so happy that they were able to put the past behind them and have a private reunion that benefited only them. I can imagine how emotional and nerve-wracking it must have been - but I have no doubt that they fell right into the swing of things. I love them all so much.

Hear Me Out was one of my favorite tracks from Neighbours - little 18 year old me spent many a rainy night imagining he was in a music video staring out my window listening to this song.

MusicalMelody, Sam, Elysium and 8 others like this.
  12. I don’t think any artist has the same amount of longevity that GA’s music has had on me. I can’t get over that I’ve been listening to them for almost 20 years and never get bored.

They are a timeless pop capsule and I don’t doubt that I’ll be listening to them for 20 more years, reliving all the incredibly happy memories that they’ve given me. I am devastated to hear about Sarah and just hope she is comfortable.

MusicalMelody, Sam, sfmartin and 16 others like this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Nadine and Cheryl are an iconic TV duo whew.

Sam, sjoe71, 4Roses and 11 others like this.
  14. SBK

SBK

She did have a point though, why were they styling someone for radio and telling Cheryl whos going on TV to dress herself, it just doesn't make sense.

I started work early today so have given myself the afternoon off and am nearly halfway through the book already. It very quickly gets to Popstars: The Rivals and is mostly about Raw NW Girls Aloud so far.

Its a very easy read, there are bits scatted throughout the book written in present-day documenting whats going on in her life and connecting it to the past.

There's a chapter written by Nadine and another one later in the book from Cheryl. I really don't think anyone would have believed you if you'd told us 6-8 months ago that Cheryl would write a chapter for Sarah's autobiography...

Sam, Angeleyes, Robert and 16 others like this.
  15. Is there a picture in the book from the secret reunion? I've read people guessing there could be one in the book, so I'm just asking.

16. SBK

SBK

No, there's one page with pictures from last year, mostly in hospital similar to the Instagram post from last year. One of the pics is with Nadine that I think is from just before Xmas, I assume based on a story she tells in the book.

There's also a picture page with fans. Some familiar faces on there.

Not sure I'm prepared for the rest of the book.

17. I love how Nadine doesn't even engage in Cheryl's rant. I get Valerie Cherish vibes (in the best way!)

Sam, 4Roses, Elysium and 10 others like this.
  18. Cheryl: *aggressively relays the whole drama to Nadine looking for sympathy/some form of engagement*
    Nadine: ".................................................what is WRONG with MEEEE? I was runnin' meself a BATH!"

An icon.

19. It took me a day or so to process the latest update and I sat in bed reading everything last night, thinking about her. I couldn't sleep as a result and have had a busting headache all day.

I just can't believe this is happening to her. Even though I don't know her, she was part of my life from 13 years old till now...pulling me through the tough times with GA's music.

I remember being at the Belfast date for the Ten Tour and absolutely losing my mind, howling like a mad man at all five of them. It was one of the best nights of my life (another being the Tangled Up Tour and getting full blown butterflies during the Sexy! No No No intro) and I smile about it even now.

Sam, Elysium, Stewart and 6 others like this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is there no ebook version of this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.