Girls Aloud | Page 3802 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Watching the TV BAFTAs and my heart skipped when Sarah's picture came up for the in memoriam section - it's not like I forgot but just being reminded is still a gut punch. </3.

2. What is it? The video is unavailable for me.

3. Yeah Yeah from Messy Little Raindrops.

4. The fact she titled the album that and released The Flood as a single when Yeah Yeah feat. a known hitmaker (at the time) was right there... the lack of taste dd. She did herself no favors.

5. TBF I dare say the label made this decision which makes it even worse.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  6. Not me wondering back into the thread to It's Your Dynabop recognition on twitter and Yeah Yeah stanning. When its right its right.

Imagine following up Promise This, a 10/10 banger, with The Flood, when you had Yeah Yeah, Amnesia or Waiting available. What were they thinking?

7. I love The Flood. ddd

8. Me too. I love the Alias Remix

LykkeLi likes this.
  9. I like The Flood.
    But if they wanted to release a ballad. I would have preferred Raindrops.

Promise This
    Yeah Yeah
    Hummingbird/Everyone/Amnesia/Waiting (any of these as single 3)
    Raindrops (possible single 4)

Would have been my singles run for that era!

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  10. I would have gone...

Promise This > Yeah Yeah > Hummingbird > Amnesia

The Flood is great but I don't think the GP wanted ballads from Cheryl.

11. Amnesia is one of the only Cheryl album tracks I ever loved.

12. Raindrops is the track I always skip.

(it's time the Cheryl thread gets unlocked)

Jackooh and actorandlyricist like this.
  13. I wore out Better To Lie imagine had it been a duet with Chris Brown at the time a true hit in the making

14. [​IMG]

No thank you. x

15. SBK

SBK

Yeah, every time I remember its like finding out all over again.
    Yeah, if she was interested in revitalising her solo career a quick greatest hits campaign might be the best way to re-start it.

Not sure she's that bothered about music these days though.

16. She should release a greatest hits and a bonus disc with the new songs from the Let You/Love Made Me Do It album for the fans. Then do a cute little arena/theatre tour and festival appearances.

However I think she would never do it because of the amount of negative press she would receive.

Edit; the amount of success that she had actually works against her now.

HolyWater and Jackooh like this.
  17. Its easy to say that now but in 2010 my high school days around this time, Chris was that dude and this definitely would've been a hit in the r&b crowd

18. Chris Brown assaulted Rihanna in 2009 though.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. This would be amazing and probably the perfect opportunity to not put too much pressure on the success of it. A new era of music will always be compared to her other era’s. A celebration of releasing a complication of her hits and rarities for the fans doesn’t add the same weight.

I’m here for it.

Anyway, back to Girls Aloud. We’ve about 6 months away from the 20th Birthday. I wonder when we’ll here details of the charity event for Sarah.

20. I prefer them as a band instead of the solo thing. Together they just ooze so much electricity.

Stewart, blaze_dave, Elysium and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.