Girls Aloud

Went through their whole career on the latest episode of my podcast, please check it out if you have any interest! I made my co-host watch Off The Record in preparation hahaha

Great video! Every time I watch videos like these I remember what a force they were. Biology was (and still is) an insane song but they managed to make it a trademark hit and with all the cute, clumsy dancing in the video.

Most of the songs were bonkers though.

I'll never forget Cheryl in the "10 Years at the Top" talking about the bonkers productions and particularly "Love Machine"...

"We first got "Love Machine".... and hated it."

Imagine they never released the fucking brilliant insanity that that song is?

I mean isn't she talking about the song Love Machine originally was? That I swear got out on a Pop Justice CD or am imagining that?

And that song was nowhere near as good as what we got. So I can understand the feeling they had.

I'll never forget Cheryl in the "10 Years at the Top" talking about the bonkers productions and particularly "Love Machine"...

"We first got "Love Machine".... and hated it."

Imagine they never released the fucking brilliant insanity that that song is?
These are the same girls who fought to release Beautiful Because You Love Me as the lead single from Ten after all. I can believe it.

Anyone know where I can see the version of I Think We’re Alone Now that features clips from “It’s A Boy Girl Thing”?

Times like these I miss girls aloud media!

The Loving Kind being paid dust by them still grates me to this day. Like what the actual fuck.

But then I remember that:
These are the same girls who fought to release Beautiful Because You Love Me as the lead single from Ten after all. I can believe it.

and then it all makes sense. Thank god Nadine held it to ransom with Something New.

I also refuse to believe Nicola was for pushing Beautiful over her own amazing co-write as lead, but who even knows. Beautiful is definitely something I'd see Cheryl fawning over though.

Here we go....

I'm gonna defend Beautiful till the death cause its a great song and it deserved better, and all the ladies sounded great on it bjt thr fact that after all this time the song's meaning is still lost on yall is.... I'm gonna stop right there.

I think their (Nicola, Kimberly and Cheryl) reasoning was that the first single should’ve been Beautiful (ballad, Children in Need, similair to I’ll Stand by You) and that On The Metro should’ve been the second single.

It still doesn’t make sense when Something New is right there.
They should have comeback earlier in the year and released Something New as the comeback single then I would have been OK with Beautiful as the ballad charity single and then they could have had On The Metro as the final send off single.

Reactions: upu
Here we go....

I'm gonna defend Beautiful till the death cause its a great song and it deserved better, and all the ladies sounded great on it bjt thr fact that after all this time the song's meaning is still lost on yall is.... I'm gonna stop right there.

GA were never about men giving them validation, the lyrics to that song make it seem that a man loving them allows them to not feel insecure or ugly.

"Right now the whole world could call me ugly. So what? To you I'm not"

GA's attitude was more...

"Right now the whole whole world could call me ugly. So what? I know I'm hot"