Girls Aloud | Page 3826 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. It’d be F669C8E1-89BC-4145-ACDA-2D4CD8AA3D70.gif

ohaimanabu likes this.
  2. THIS! Especially when it spawned two alternate takes that are just as good as the official single.

I played these just as much as the original.

3. Long Hot Summer is one of their Top5 best singles. So effortlessly breezy & one of the best summer songs ever recorded.

blaze_dave, LPMA, Elysium and 11 others like this.
  4. It has been years since I've heard the alternate takes but wow, they are much better than I remembered!

Alternate take 2 in particular. Love the verses.

ohaimanabu and Macsun like this.
  5. Long hot summer, for me is Cute and in the right mood I love hearing it. However it shouldn’t have been the lead for Chemistry and in many ways I forget that it was.

I agree about the higher vocals @ADM , makes it a bit tame for me

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  6. It's such a shame that the unused parts from these weren't recycled for other songs. They're so strong!

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  7. No I was just meaning the extended intro where Cheryl gets to dance

ohaimanabu likes this.
  8. Yes!

I’ve been meaning to get around to combining them into a Long Hot Extended Version (pun intended) but seems someone already did it for me:

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Not sure how I didn't notice before but is the insert of the pink Jump single a bit cheap and flimsy looking for everyone? I'd almost think it was a copy, but then inside of the booklet looks kinda fine. I guess (since this happened to other pink artwork too) it might be a bit faded, but than the back of the booklet looks just as pale so that makes little sense?

10. Not Nicola nailing the bridge in one take.

ohaimanabu and actorandlyricist like this.
  11. Random thought, but I wish they released a studio version of their mash up with Kaiser Chiefs. What a belter that performance was.

Untouchable Ace, sesita, Mvnl and 3 others like this.
  12. Been on such a Sexy! No No No binge since everyone discussed its 15th anniversary earlier this month. God, it just gives me such a RUSH. It was always in my top 10 Girls Aloud songs (more towards the end), but I think it’s gone up to the top 5 now.

I still scream at their TEN press conference. When they asked a fan what their favourite song was, and she said Sexy! Their reactions were just ‘:/‘.

13. It looks like sleeping/loungewear with a star pattern?

14. My God this feeling of great excitement and great sadness at the same time... In a new campaign as Girls Aloud but they're 4 of them...

15. So apparently it’s a Primark clothing range that’s called ‘The Darkest of Nights Produce the Brightest of Stars’. Portion of each sale will go towards Cancer Research.

The thing that’s got me is of course, the obvious. But, seeing them coordinated too. Literally this time a decade ago it was the same situation with the orange Something New dresses. Just heartbreaking one special person is now missing.

16. Wow. To see them together (almost) again... brought a tear to my eye. Hopefully fans in the US can contribute.

flapjack- likes this.
  17. Oh wow. I'm getting emotional about an international discount store's pajama line. what is happening?

18. Seeing them together, albeit on solo shots but on a collective project.. my heart is warm.

19. Oh wow, I didn’t see this coming! It feels slightly random but a great way to make money if the proceeds are going to charity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.