Girls Aloud | Page 3847 | The Popjustice Forum

Girls Aloud

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Is this not the original Orchid take? It sounds like fewer voices are present overall, at least to my ears.

If You Go likes this.
  2. Whatever happened to the Orchid version? I feel like I heard it but honestly can’t remember.

3. SBK

SBK

The earlier performances were the best, she sounded far too happy the more they performed it

4. It's almost See the Day season.

My teenage self could never fully appreciate this cover at the time. This is one for the mature gays with some forehead wrinkles developing and an appreciation for the art of true power balladry.

Overdose, Rob, Wallow and 12 others like this.
  5. When See the Day was no longer their worst single thanks to Beautiful... growth!

Overdose, 1986, hologram and 22 others like this.
  6. Such a terrible arc. I hate it here.

7. WHY do y’all hate BCYLM!!!! it’s such a beautiful song, the video is stunning.

I’m notorious for hating girl band ballads cos I just want them releasing dance music but BCYLM is just AMAZING!!

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  9. Ok See The Day isn’t my favourite but I also love that one!

10. hmm yes what's everyone's favorite ballad..? being from America I noticed a lot of UK bands do covers as singles.. why is that?

For me "Whole Lotta History" was the first ballad I enjoyed by these lovely ladies. I love Nicola's verse it makes me sad that in one of their video documentaries she commented that she looked ugly and Cheryl told her to "STFU" lol love the bond they have

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  11. Nicolas verse in Whole Lotta History is one of those moments where my heart bursts. She sounds so gorgeous on it

Overdose, 1986, Angeleyes and 8 others like this.
  12. I love 'Nobody But You' amongst many ballad genre pushing GA songs, more Nicola moments.

Management pressure forced many acts to record and release covers as singles particularly in the lead up to Christmas.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  13. W2K

W2K

Loving is Easy, hands down.

CarlysAngel and jawow_ like this.

14. You mean this version right? Absolute bop (ballad or not)!

Jacques, Rob, tylerc and 2 others like this.
  15. They ain't you hearing tho, From what I gathered out of most of my defendings... I mean discussions of the song is the general consensus of why the song is so disliked here is because I guess Girls Aloud is above singing love songs where their partners makes them feel beautiful and love them with flaws and all.... I digress tho.

As for my favorite ballad outside of Beautiful it's between Lovin' Is Easy and Whole Lotta History and an honorary mention to their cover of With Every Heartbeat

Dan Molloy and Untouchable Ace like this.
  16. Top 5 GA ballads...

Hear Me Out
    Life Got Cold
    I'll Stand By You
    Whole Lotta History
    Nobody But You

AndrewX likes this.
  17. It’s hard when they are not predominantly a ballads type of band, but 5 (loosely fitting) ballads I revisit:
    • Call the Shots
    • Crocodile Tears
    • Singapore
    • I Say a Prayer for You
    • Life Got Cold

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  18. Singapore a ballad? Even Call The Shots is not a ballad, more like a mid-tempo.

19. Hence why I said ‘loosely fitting’ the objective. What ballads they do have in the traditional sense, do nothing for me. The songs picked, have just enough elements to steer them into ballad trajectory but still retaining the Girls Aloud brand.

Nobody is ever going to 100% agree with peoples choices, but these are mine and I stand by them.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  20. Hear Me Out is their best ballad by far. The way the moody production perfectly matches the lyrics of rainfall and mascara stained pillows... divine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.